Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish dumping

Options
  • 19-02-2024 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure where this should go...

For some time now I have been finding small bags of rubbish in the bag garden, take away remains, left over dinners etc. Also found small bags of unopened food on the doorstep.

Had no idea where it was coming from.

Today, on the door camera, I have caught the neighbour throwing a lidl bag full of various food items (some frozen) in to the front garden. Promptly dumped it back all over her front garden (she had run off somewhere after dumping it)

Now these neighbours are not worth even talking to - all other neighbours avoid them

What should I do here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BagofWeed

You did the right thing by dumping it back at her place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭blackbox

They're dumping food that is still frozen straight from the shop?

Sounds like a mental health issue.

(...or maybe security were in hot pursuit!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Don't know if it's straight from the shop lol but yes very strange - didn't bother looking at the BB date on the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

Will be attracting rats too

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

First thing I would do is get a camera for the back too and check that it's coming from the same place.

If it is good food, I would think there would have to be mental health issue at play, if just rubbish I would through it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,372 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Report it to your local authority litter warden. They least they might do is figure out if they have a account with a wast mgmt company or have receipts from a local authority site.

Check out the see it say it app too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

Snatch and dump-must be something wrong alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Not that it matters much to the main issue here, but I'd be guessing that the frozen food is stuff that the neighbour is just getting rid of after it's been in their house a long time, rather than stuff that's just come straight from the shop?

I know we do a clear-out of our own freezer from time to time, after we decide that if something's been sitting in there for so long without ever being used, it's unlikely to ever be used...

Advertisement