Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer problem, advice please

Options
  • 17-02-2024 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi,

We have a HP Officejet 6700 Premium printer with about 10yrs. It always printed off of the computer for us but today for some reason it has stopped printing. I can see that it's connected to the computer and it says that there is 2 items in the queue. I was able to print a Network Test just to prove that it's printing. What can I do to get it to print from the computer again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm no expert but might be worth trying to go to 'Devices and Printers' on your pc, find the printer, right click and do a troubleshoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Perhaps it's time has come to print no more. I always found hp printers ****

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

The printer queue could be paused?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭NSAman

clear the printer cache/queue on you computer.

Obviously in address is connected through checking.

open controls panel/my printers and check to see printer is highlighted and using same ip. 192.168.1.something

if printer is not highlighted install printer again and make it default.

delete old printer.

failing that install HP smart and use that as the printer, it will search out local printer

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Thank you so much for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭noahungry

The printer queue paused was the first thing that came to my mind too. Hope you were able to get it to work. Everyone knows how annoying these things are. Seriously, no issues like printer issues. 

Advertisement