Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Website for realistic mpg for EV/hybrid & compared to specific ICE to

Options
  • 16-02-2024 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a website where I can input my annual mileage type of driving (eg. urban/rural etc), electricity rate, car year and model compared to another specific car.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Don't know of one. Honest John does some real mpg figures from user reviews, get them there and use excel.

But it's all estimates, no site will be able to tell you what you will get in real life, too many variables.

Knowledgeable people here will give as good an estimate as any

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Core6

I think you are being optimistic to get all that on one site.

Also, driving style has a major impact on the mpg of an ICE car and the range on an EV.

There is a website that is reasonably accurate for EV ranges ->

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭CivilEx

This might of absolutely no use to you :), but when I was making my decision to change from a BMW 520D MSport to a 77kW Ioniq 6, I created a spreadsheet and found out that my "crossover point" was €0.71/kWh.

What I mean by that is if I was paying more than €0.71/kWh to charge on an ongoing basis, then the BMW would have been cheaper to run and there would be no financial reason to change to the I6.

Of course there are assumptions built in on depreciation, but it was based on maintenance costs p.a. averaged over 3 years (recorded BMW service costs), predicted I6 maintenance, annual milage of 30,000km p.a., fuel efficiency of 50mpg (real world in my BMW) and 17.5kWh/100km (predicted for I6).

In my scenario, the lower the charging cost on average, the bigger the savings each year between ICE and EV. For me, where I am able to a large proportion of my charging at home, those savings will work out at around €2,500p.a.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

I was using this to get a view of the range of cars, probably the best idea I have found online

• Advertisement
Advertisement