Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slow tyre leak BMW

Options
  • 15-02-2024 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a very slow tyre leak on my 211 BMW M440i. Went to tyre shop who diagnosed it with the old soapy spray. Definitely the valve thats leaking. But they wouldn't touch it because of the TPMS sensor.

I have it booked in with BMW next week. But I'm sure I had valves changed before on cars (not BMW) that had TPMS.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks,

Alanmc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try a different tyre centre. BMW dealer will rob you just to look at it before any part needs replacing. Should really be the last resort imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭mk7r

The valve is part of the tpms sensor so you must change and reprogram the sensor to change the valve. Given the year and the car going to BMW is not a bad shout, they can be fussy enough with tpms so good to stick with genuine sensors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭alanmc

Dropped it into BMW this morning. Flat diagnostic fee of €145. I already had it diagnosed. I diagnosed it myself and the tyre shop confirmed. Apparently, I can't just go in to BMW, point at a part and say "That! I want that bit changed for a sparkly new one. Here's my debit card"

Still waiting to hear back from the re: diagnosis.

Advertisement