Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW1070 battery replacement reccomendation

Options
  • 14-02-2024 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Saw a low battery fault message on the SW1010 panel and checked the log to see it was a PIR in the kitchen. Checked the voltage on it (appreciate it's not load voltage though) and it was 2.7 (Duracell 3V batteries). I bought some new 3V batteries from Wesco and they are ~3.3V. I've 3 PIR's and they all needed replacing.

However, I've checked some of my inertia sensors and their batteries (HKC branded 3V) are measuring 3.1V. So I'm wondering if I should just wait until a low battery warning and then swap out or what is the recommended time/voltage to swap them out at? Note: They were installed just over 8 years ago.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement