Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disneyland Paris

Options
  • 14-02-2024 6:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

can anyone recommend a base for doing Disneyland Paris please.

Im looking at some of the prices for accommodation in September 2024 time and they are coming in at anything from 2k up for 2 adults and 2 kids.

This is in the villages Nature Paris, which looks like it’s a centre parc that’s 6km away from Disneyland on a public bus service.

Has anyone got any tips on a trip like this to keep costs down or recommendations for accommodation?

thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Villages Nature is essentially a Centreparcs and not always the cheapest of options

The option of a Eurocamp type site is unlikely to be a cheaper option, especially with transport factored in

Disney hotel prices tend to rotate between Santa Fe, Cheyenne & Davy Crockett as being the cheapest

If you had access to a car then Davy Crockett Ranch might be an option. It's beside Village Nature but not on a bus route

There are plenty of partner and non-partner hotels within the ring road. Park tickets won't necessarily be included though so be careful

Val d'Europe is one RER train stop away and has plenty of accommodation, though some better than others. Big shopping centre with supermarket here too. If not staying in a park hotel then this is where I would stay. Snacks, drinks or lunch stuff will be considerably cheaper in the supermarket and they also sell a big selection of Disney merch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Great info devine thanks.

Would you have any particular recommendations for accommodation in and around a short walk to Val d’europe train station?

We won’t be driving so I think Davy Crockett is probably off the list.

I was reading reviews of sequoia lodge and most people were saying it’s in a great location but the hotel is very dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

All of the Disney hotels are within walking distance of the parks. Have not stayed in Sequoia Lodge so can't comment

We previously stayed in the Aparthotel Adagio Paris Val d'Europe which I would not recommend based on the room we were assigned

Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe would be a better shout if it's in your budget

Alternatives to consider would be Explorers based on friends recommendation & B&B Hotel based on previous research

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Stayed in Sequoia Lodge last year and it was great. Dated yes, but very walkable to the park which allowed us to go back to the hotel and rest up before returning for the fireworks.

stayed in Hotel L’elyssee in Val D’Europe another year which was good. Free shuttle bus to and from the parks, and only a few minutes walk from the RER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

I stayed in Grand Magic last summer, nice themes and room surprisingly spacious, I didnt use the pool but some of the younger family members did. I enjoyed the buffet and what I liked was they do a take away box option for 10 euro as the food in disney is limited!! shuttle bus was regular enough also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

We got a decent air B & B apartment in Val d'Europe and jumped on the train for 1 stop to the park.

How much was the train do you remember and did you pay per trip or just buy a 3 day pass or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Only a couple of Euro. Ticket machines at the entrance so we just got the return ticket there

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Try Dream Castle, it’s about 10 minutes from Disneyland Paris, it has a free shuttle and breakfast is included.

I checked 3 nights from September 3rd for 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years. It’s a non cancellable rate and has a king bed and bunk beds. It came in at €558.45.

Park tickets aren’t included.

• Advertisement

That hotel looks like a great find to be fair.

Close enough with a regular shuttle bus a decent breakfast and not breaking the bank.

Any advice or tips on purchasing park tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

I'm just back from Disneyland Paris and we stay in the Cheyenne Hotel. The hotel was fine no complaints, rooms are small but comfortable, two adults, two kids.

I would say, if you're staying outside of EuroDisney that’s it’s is a long day, especially with kids, so to have to head all the way back to accommodation that’s 10 or 20 mins away by train or a bus might be a lot. Just something to think about but all depends and your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭hero25

a lot would depend on age of your kids.... mine were just about teens....

stayed in an AirBnB 100metres from this hotel, this hotel has a bus stop outside which is a ~10min bus ride to Disnelyland.

great location for us anyway!

Aparthotel Adagio Serris - Val d'Europe: https://www.google.com/maps/dir//18+Cr+de+l'Elbe,+77700+Serris,+France/@48.8585182,2.7037203,12z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e61d3aafdd8135:0x71ecf04ec3206d89!2m2!1d2.7861207!2d48.8585476?hl=en&entry=ttu

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Maybe you’d like to have park tickets for every day of your stay but maybe you’d like to only have park tickets for your non travel days.

If you arrive late afternoon and have young children, you might prefer to take them to the hotel pool and not go to the park on day 1.

Similarly, if you’re making tracks soon after checkout, you might not want or need park tickets on your final day.

You may decide to take a day trip on one of your days rather than going to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭cr-07

Back in 2021 myself and my wife stayed in the Radisson Blu (Marne-la-Vallee). Cost just over €30 a night. Buses run every 30 min or so to the park which takes about 5 min each way (free of charge). Absolutely lovely hotel with pool etc. Would be worth checking out:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

We stayed in an AirBB about 100m walk from Val d'Europe railway station.

It was a 2-bedroom apt, with a convertible couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ibis hotels are one minute walk from the station.

Can be quicker to get to Disneyland Paris from this hotel than from the Disney hotels. Have stayed here a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

We stayed here 2 years ago. A few minutes walk to Bussy St George RER station and less than 10 minutes on the train. We found it very handy. Hotel is nice and comfortable with a few restaurants nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Mike3549

We're going there in May. 1st time. Plan was to have at least 2 full Days in Disney land. Based on the price of the tickets + accommodation, we decided to stay in one of the Disney hotels. We're getting a car so Davy's ranch was a no brainer for us. We'll see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I haven’t enjoyed any of the Disney hotels .Davy crocketts is a mobile home park , Newport bay is like a cattle mart in the mornings for breakfast ,Santa fe is a hostel and Disneyland hotel is nothing special.The hotel we stay in now is Relaise spa , it’s in val d’europe and has cars to bring you to Disney whenever you want .Nice breakfasts with organised seating and a quiet cocktail bar for evenings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement