Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder cut corners

Options
  • 13-02-2024 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi folks, my eldest daughter moved into a house she built herself, myself and my son-in-law supervised most of the construction, the son-in-law having a background in construction was wary of the quality of the builders but the job was already underway.

Myself and son-in-law spent two weeks building a wooden garden shed in the back garden over a the Christmas holiday into the New Year, when we finally completed it we noticed that most of the patio tiles were loose, and the gutter fittings to the outside of the house were loose, one of them blew off and fell to the ground during the storm.

The builder has declined to do anything when called, saying that it was the quality of the materials and not their work at fault, they have not answered calls since.

Is there any route that can be taken? I am not sure legally where we stand but my daughter wants as little hassle as possible just needs the builders to take responsibility and fix it.

Comments

Advertisement