Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can any Wicklownians help with exact Zardoz location, please?

Options
  • 13-02-2024 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm curious about the specific location of the opening scene in Zardoz.

I'm pretty sure that's the Mottee Stone on the top right of the two pictures below.

The landscape here has that flat part in the bottom right of the screen which is distinctive. I thought that could be Glenmacnass area maybe?

In this pic below remember thinking that was the Sugar Loaf on the very right when I saw this years ago which would make this scene possibly on Bray Head! That seems unlikely though

Anyone any thoughts on where these are exactly?

Thanks! 😀

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I swear to Christ I thought someone had just doxxed @Zardoz 🤣

Post edited by banie01 on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Looks like Sally Gap or Glencree on a really shitty morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

Below photo would indicate you are correct about the motte stone, shape fits, as does the pathway

I'm sure the second scene (third photo) is down Luggala/Lough Tay, see below photo

Note the lake in the background and the two shallow triangular mountains in the background. The flat part isn't so visible in the screenshot but is definitely there.

The 'Sugar Loaf' mountain in the third scene (final photo) is familiar, I believe it is further south, around Aughrim, I'll have another look in the morning if no one else has solved the mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 robitusson

Thank you for the replies.

The Mottee stone is definitely correct.

For the second one I agree, Yakov. I think now I see Lough Tay popping in to the very right of the screen.

The third one I still think is looking west with the Little Sugar Loaf to the right of the head and Big Sugar Loaf at the very right of the screen - even though that seems improbable. Where in Aughrim do you think that might be, Yakov?

Advertisement