Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washer Dryer - Not drying

Options
  • 13-02-2024 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So, as the title states, I run a dry, even for a tiny load, and it's coming out wet.

Most recent load is our toddlers socks. When the cycle has finished, the clothes are hot and damp/sometimes soaked, especially if I leave it for a while.

Any ideas on what the problem might be, or how to fix it?

Its a Hoover H3DS 4965DACE-80

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Is the spin-cycle of the wash program working? The spin removes a substantial amount of water from clothes - if it's not happening, the dryer would take forever to dry them.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does it have a high and a low heat setting? If so is the problem happening on both settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JeffHunter

Even after a wash, I'll do a drain and spin for 10 minutes. That's the cycle. And everything seems fine.

This morning, I have maybe 10 pairs of toddler socks, and a PJ top for a 3 year old and it's come out wet.

I've not tried to clean the drain yet, but assuming as it's emptying fine, that wouldn't be a problem

Just tried it on the high setting too. Same. It's like the clothes are getting steamed and not drying.

Could water be coming from the mains supply at the same time? Even if it's a constant drip?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭28064212

But is it actually spinning? Is the drum going round at 10+ times per second? I've seen a washing machine that was failing to spin properly, and the clothes come out absolutely soaked, literally dripping wet. Any dryer is going to take a very long time to dry those. After a proper spin, clothes shouldn't be dripping.

Also, was this previously successfully drying clothes, and it suddenly stopped? Or is this a brand new (to you) machine that has never worked?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement

Yeah, spinning fine. Did a wash this evening and it fine.

It's like the drying cycle seems to be allowing water into the drum.

Have the machine about 18months now. Did previously have to dry some loads twice but was assuming I'd maybe overloaded it. They were never as wet as what's gone on the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Have you actually checked after the spin if the clothes are soaking wet before it starts the drying cycle - really sounds like they are not being spun or its not draining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If it is hot obviously it’s heating, so it would sound as though the steam is not being expelled, it needs to take in water through a restricted valve that sprays onto the steam container on the back of the drum and then this water is pumped out with the pump, first check the pump filter to see if it is unobstructed otherwise remove the waste hose and hold it over a container , run the machine for a couple of minutes and it should be pumping out a little water, solenoid valve coil could be faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

Does it have a lint filter, check if that is cleaned

Advertisement