Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY Broadband

Options
  • 13-02-2024 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭

What are people paying for Sky Broadband once the initial introductory offer is over ?

I'm just coming up to the end of my first year and currently on half price deal paying €30 a month so wondering what can I expect to pay from now on or will they offer me another deal to stay with them ?

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I don't know what sort of deal they are offering customers to stay - I was with them and my year's contract finished last month and it was to jump from €32 to €60.

I called them twice to talk about renewing with them but both times the waiting time to speak to someone was over 40 minutes so I decided instead to change to Pure Telecom at €35 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Thanks for the reply - are Pure Telecom speeds as good as Sky ?

Did you price any other companies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Yes they are 500/50. Pure are the cheapest next to Sky, then its eir at €37.99 and then Vodafone at €40. Digiweb is €34.95 for 6 mts and then €49.95 making it the most expensive of the main suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Quick update - best deal Sky would do was €45 a month going forward to renew.

Pre Telecom in my area is also €45 a month so I went with Vodafone for €35 a month for first 12 months and €40 after that.

I can always switch back to Sky in 12 months and get their €30 a month offer for new customers for the first 12 months again.

Hope this helps others.

Advertisement