Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eviction

Options
  • 12-02-2024 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've been renting a room in a 3 bedroom house for 4 months the main tenant moved out.my name isn't on the lease a housing agency has taken over and asked me to leave this week as they want a family to take over.does anyone know have I any rights to get some kind of notice or do I have to go as I'm technically a licencencee but now I'm in the house and have to leave within the week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

It appears from you other thread that you are in rent arrears as your co tenant wasn’t paying the LL. As you don’t have part 4 rights yet and it would appear you are a licensee, not a lot you can do. The only sticking point may be that you were a a licensee of your co tenant, so he/she has to give you notice, but as he/she has moved out, presumably you are now a licensee of whomever he assigned the tenancy to ie the owner. Bear in mind, if you claim you have tenancy rights, in all probability you would become responsible for payment of full monthly rent of the property if tenants are joined and severely liable on the lease.

Time to pack your bags I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

It seems your former housemate ripped you off. Probably took your deposit too

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭JVince

Unfortunately you have no rights whatsoever. They are being decent in giving you a week as they could simply turf you out.

My guess is they will give it a deep clean and then have the new tenants move in on March 1st.

At least you seem to be happy to share a room and this is a lot easier that looking for a full property.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Advertisement