Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up stability to emigrate?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 newbieWriter

I`m 28 and moved to Canada last year. Gave up on my high-paying job and stability, still don`t regret it. Before moving, I was on the verge of depression and it was quite hard to give my all to the work and family at that time. So, I would encourage you to go and make great new memories ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Go, rent the house and go. Personally I'd recommend a smaller city like Darwin if there are jobs in your area as it's more affordable but either way, get out, you can always come back, few people have that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why are people going to all these far flung places when they can travel Europe far more easily it's banana's. You're replacing one group of Irish people for another just on the other side of the globe. That's not escapism at all. You'll do the same stuff but in the sun and outdoors more.

OP you have a golden passport take a number of weeks of and just see Europe, travel by train see interesting things open your mind and talk to people. There's far more value on your doorstep but people are often too closed minded to see it.

Must follow the overly worn path to find a bit of a change...

Advertisement