Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I get 2 x 5kWh or a 10kWh battery?

Options
  • 12-02-2024 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭

I have asked for 2 x 5.3kWh batteries in a final solar installation quote. I received a 10.4kWh single battery quote with the system, despite asking for 2 x 5.3kWh batteries.

The agreed price hasn't changed, but am I right to think it is more expensive to buy 2 x 5kWh batteries than a single 10kWh? The reason I want the 2 batteries, is that I might add a third 5kWh battery later in the year if it makes sense financially. I also want a modular setup, where I could stack 3 x 5kWh units together, or side by side. I don't know if it would be a problem mixing a 10 and a 5 together? Other than aesthetics, I presume not.

Stay Free

Comments

Advertisement