Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The original was a stone-cold classic.. this looks all a bit lame and lazy, even by Hollywood standards.

I'm even betting that character at 1:30 is trying to emulate Philip Seymour Hoffman's "shouty character" in the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The original holds up really well but that trailer got my attention. Glad to see Glen Powell leaning into the 'cocky handsome prick' archetype he did so well in Top Gun Maverick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I was a fan of the original so I'll give it a go. I think it'd be a good popcorn film to see on a big screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

From the director that brought you ... wait, Minari? Ok that's a bit weird.

I suppose we should be grateful it didn't go full Legacy Sequel and write a blank cheque for Helen Hunt or Cary Elwes (Bill Paxton RIP).

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭SheepsClothing

It doesn't look great, but I'm basically a sucker for any natural disaster film, so I'll be there day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

They should have called it The Suck Zone. Depending on how bad it is, it could work on a number of levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Decuc500

That's some jump from Minari to Twisters but I see Lee Isaac Chung also directed an episode of The Mandalorian.

Not the career progression I would have expected after watching Minari.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Looks fun, the original to me seemed a bit TV Movieish although I did like the effect with the cattle caught up in the middle of the twister.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

looks like remake more then a sequel, every scene point the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭OrangeBadger

2.55 there is a section about the original Twister film, amazing amount of work went into making it look so good

• Registered Users Posts: 85,455 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How is it connected to the original, just name, subject etc., ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

DOROTHY is returning, so there's some sort of connection to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

$200m budget.

I kind of want it to bomb now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

All the Einsteins in this thread saying that the original was a classic 🤣. News flash: the original was absolutely mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Every time there's a report on the radio during a storm of debris on the road I just think of the "We have debris" "DEBRIS!?!" scene.

Advertisement