Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Kelvin Kiptum

Options
  • 12-02-2024 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭

Another runner gone at a young age. Had the world of running at his feet

🥲🥲🥲

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Woke up to this news and can't quite believe it.

So so tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭winstonia

Shocking. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Absolutely tragic news. As I said in another thread. I seen him as the man to actually break the 2hr barrier. Crazy pbs of 58. 42 for half and 2,00.36 for full. Possibly the only one to have ran sub 60 min for the 2nd half of a marathon.

Appreciated it's subjecive but he was arguably the best marathon runner of all time. In his debut marathon running the 4th fastest time ever, followed up with a 2.01.25 then settling the world record 6 months later. As you say. Running world at his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Dreadful news, particularly as he had young kids.

And I know it is completely trivial in comparison to his death but this years Olympic Marathon where Kipchoge was going for a 3rd Marathon gold is kind of ruined now as if he Kipchoge completes this incredible achievement it'll almost certainly have an asterix beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Hadn't followed Kiptum so much as it's all happened so fast with him. Very sad with such potential taken away in an instant.

I remember back to when Sammy Wanjiru died, I was fierce disappointed. He was a breath of fresh air too at the time, gone in an instant. His Chicago marathon finish against Kebede was stuff of legends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement