Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Nike Vaporfly Zoom X runners for marathons

Options
  • 11-02-2024 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All,

Would appreciate any advice on a quick matter on marathon running shoes. Long story short I was competing 5 marathons in a year back 4 years ago for charity. Had 3 done and COVID hit before final two. Due to COVID and injury am only back running since the summer and am finishing my fundraiser this spring with two marathons in April and May. I purchased the above Nike runners for my 3rd marathon and they were incredible! I've only used them for 60 miles (marathon, half marathon and one or two training runs) but haven't worn these since Dec 2019 so over 4 years. I can either run my final two marathons in these or go all out and purchase the most up to date pair in these.

So am looking for advice. I've read you get about 100 miles from these. Does this sound right?

If I decide to buy a new pair what would the current model of this be called as I've had a look and am a bit confused as so many different versions etc. I got the above pair abroad back in 2019 as they were not available in Ireland back then but assuming they are now.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone 🙏

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

If you need to buy a pair the Vaporfly 2's are available for 134 euros on Sportspursuit, great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

You'll be good for a couple of hundred more kilometers yet. The original Next% are, in my own opinion (and a lot more runners'), a far better version than the 2nd version. I've a box fresh pair of the Vaporflys 3's waiting for my Spring marathon, but they'll have to feel great or else I'll use a pair of the original Next% which have less than 100k in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭marathon2022

If your doing a marathon just wear them in the block for a long session, you will know then.

Advertisement