Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW25 transfer thread

Options
  • 10-02-2024 3:30pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Alvarez to EBH, just need to work out who the -4 will be to afford it.

Not going into a DGW without him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Feel like I need Jota, but who to sell,

Saka, Foden, KdB, Palmer, Ricky

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Palmer to KDB and Estu to Doherty for a -4.

Just cant see how I can't have KDB for the dgw with Haaland and Foden

Leaves me Doherty, Konate, Jota and Udogie for the blank.... should be able to sort that with one transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Is there anything to be said for using the free hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

How many doublers have you?

Feels like it might be better kept to navigate a BGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Are people triple captaining Haaland this week? Can’t decide if I will or hold it for Solanke in 28 for those dream fixtures. That’s more of a differential I would think and I figure Haaland wouldn’t kill me anyway as I’d still have him captained for 25 obviously.

Any thoughts on this? I feel very well set up for the next few weeks anyway so maybe no need to go taking undue risks with this.

Obviously if I TC Haaland now I’d still be captaining Solanke in 28.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I'd be very wary about a knee jerk reaction for this DGW.

No way do Foden and KDB start both games. Hard to know what to do.

Haaland TC everyday of the week. Unnecessary risk unless you are massively chasing OR or mini leagues.

In its simplest form, City are a better side at home and have 2 nice fixtures. They could easily put 3/4 past Chelsea and Brentford, a lot depends of KDB will play of course. They're a better side than Bournemouth.

On paper, Bournemouth should beat Sheffield United and Luton but IMO, it's still Bournemouth at the end of the day. Captaining Solanke should just be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

3. Allison, Foden and Haaland. Two transfers available

Haaland possibly doesn't start the second game of this DGW.

It's more likely he starts and comes off early.

• Advertisement

Possibly. Nothing a given with Guardiola though. That's why a TC in my view would be risky. Not ruling it out myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Have Jota, TAA, Haaland, Foden, and Alvarez. 2ft.

Not sure what to do about City. I feel KDB won't start one of them or at least will get reduced mins. I'll keep tabs on TAA's injury news but might just be boring and bring in Maguire or someone cheap and roll again.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Very rare Haaland doesn’t start a PL game. If they can get themselves into a strong position against Copenhagen this week I’d be very confident he won’t get a rest in the PL in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,163 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The CL game will be the biggest driver for Man City mins. The return leg is the midweek in between City playing Man Utd & Liverpool.

Pep will want to rest players in that midweek game before Liverpool if possible. So therefore he will go all out to win the tie in the first leg IMO. KDB is a cert to start for that reason. Haaland too. He'll want a nice lead to make sure of it, allowing him to start Rico Lewis, Kovacic, Grealish, Bobb etc in the return leg and rest Rodri, Walker, and attackers that need it.

So working backwards from that game I think we should see some rotation across the DGW but the majority of players should see some good mins I would say. Alvarez is the most likely to get dropped I would think, purely because he has been playing so much in the last couple months.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I’ve read Haaland is on £940,000 a week.

Haaland is wanted by every club in the world.

Pep doesn’t bench Haaland imo.

Haaland benches Haaland.

If Pep subjected him to rotation, like he does Foden or any other player, he’d be gone by the end of that season.

Haaland plays when he wants to play and rests when he wants to rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

19 points behind in my mini league (in 2nd place). We now have very similar teams just in the last couple of weeks, only 3 players different really in the starters one of whom is Watkins. Hold Watkins or switch to Toney for the double? (He doesn’t have Toney, yet at least) Good bit of money tied up in Watkins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm well set up for the double but tempted to bring in Ederson and bench boost.

Am also thinking Palmer to Gordon for three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

TAA surely a sell now, confirmed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

I know it's horrible for those with him, would have even kept for the single game

Anyone around to talk me out of going from Watkins to Darwin for just this GW for -4...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Yeah. Don’t do it. You’d be off your head to do that for just one week AND for a -4.

I’ve a good mind to call round and punch you for even considering it.

TAA, Ricky and Cunha to Estu, Jota and Darwin for a -4 is looking very tempting

I've TAA and Gvardiol both flagged and taking no part in the DGW.

Looking at really attacking the GW but not sure it's the right call given it's a -8.

• Gvardiol, TAA & Palmer out
    • KDB, Maguire, Bell in.

My defence would look like:

• Maguire, Gabriel and Estupinan - Bell first sub.
    • Front 7 - Foden, KDB, Jota, Saka, Haaland (TC), Darwin, Watkins.

Gives me 4 DGWers with 3 City attackers.

Feel I really want KDB this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

TAA and Palmer out for Reguillon and KDB for a hit.

Funds were tight so had to make the moves a little earlier than I would have liked.

Will have some Palmer haul fear for sure....but the KDB fear would have been waaaaay worse

Our teams be very similar then, i have Hojlund over Watkins and VVD over Maguire

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Have KDB and Alvarez, no Haaland. Only way i can get him is to transfer KDB and one other for -4. Is that worth it?

I think that KDB is in better form than Haaland is, so I think that having KDB is fine. But then minutes is the question, and also Haaland can score and get 6 points from nothing. I wouldn't go messing up the team for the switch myself. But I say that as a Haaland owner, worried about KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone considering Salah? I'd be very tempted if i got early team news tomorrow. If he starts tomorrow.he starts midweek too IMO.

Would probably captain also

Liverpool have been stung with bringing back Thiago & Szoboszlai early from hamstring injuries, losing them for longer again with reoccurrences of their hamstring injuries. I think they won't make that mistake again.

• Advertisement

Haaland is likely to be a high TC option this week, if you don't have him at all, that has potential for disaster, unless whoever you captain or TC does really well.

Advertisement