Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advise on Val d'Isere in April?

Options
  • 08-02-2024 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

And just like that, 5 years since a snowboarding trip. Looking for advise on Val d'Isere this April please as an opportunity just cropped up.

Appreciate that it's late season and could be spring/slushy conditions, or no snow at all, but it's higher altitude and it might be passable.

I'm stuck with transfers out of Geneva airport. I'm not planning full week, maybe out Monday and back Friday, so 3 full days of snowboarding maybe. Most shared transfers are not-mid week so that leaves trains and buses. There's no direct train as it stops in "Bourg Saint Maurice" but coaches from there are apparently available, and the bus option goes to Tignes - about a €30 taxi ride from where I need to go. I can't switch to Tignes, meeting a buddy who's booked Val d'Isere. Does anyone have advise on the bus option? Or if the coach option from "Bourg Saint Maurice" is reliable?

Appreciate any guidance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭brookers

Are you arriving during the day, there is a ski bus that goes all the way from Tignes to val d'sere.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BarryNumber1

Flight arriving in GVA @ 4:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Altibus do daily transfers from Geneva airport to the large french resorts

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BarryNumber1

Just to wrap this one up… Ended up with SnowCompare and chose Marie Voyage Transfers which was superb. Door to door, very plush vehicle, drivers were great- chatted if you wanted to.

As for Val d’Isere… great snow, some very good powder just off piste off Cugnal and we hit that hard, but visibility in general was bad. See pics. The day I was travelling back… not a cloud in sight.

Advertisement