Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Shooting - Considering a Weihrauch HW97K

Options
  • 07-02-2024 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

For reasons unbeknownst to myself, I ended up going down a very interesting rabbit hole. A while back I was parked outside an airsoft shop (bear with me) waiting for someone so I popped in to have a look out of interest as I had never really known much about it. Was immediately drawn to the snipers. As I delved further into the rabbit hole of airsoft guns, I naturally crept into air rifles (PCP) and while they looked great, I just wouldn't like to be at that level of power/output. I'd rather me more towards airsoft territory than real-gun territory. But then I came across a Weihrauch HW97K. Beautiful looking gun. In my mind it was almost the sweet-spot between airsoft and PCP (obviously more towards PCP, but you get my meaning). I like that its fully mechanical (no air), one shot at a time (methodical) and I also appreciate that they are very accurate at 30-40m (which is where I'd like to be range wise for plinking).

I have a farm, so it would be useful for a small bit of vermin control but for the most part, plinking is what I'd like one for.

With that in mind, if I was to go down the route of getting a licence, is it enough to show landownership records for the FCA1 form stating the purpose is for vermin control? I wouldn't have any gun clubs in the area, nor would I be interested in one. It's more of a bit of sport for myself in one of the fields.

Maybe I'm mad pursuing this? Fully understand that a gun safe is required.

Comments

Advertisement