Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online brokers

Options
  • 06-02-2024 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

What online broker are people using?

What kind of annual account fee are you paying?

I need one of the big international companies, that will take an Irish resident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

DeGiro.

2.50 annual fee per foreigh stock exchange, excl Dublin.

https://www.degiro.ie/fees

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭notsocutehoor

Interactive Brokers are probably the cheapest for fees (and no annual account fees), probably best if you are trading Irish, or International stocks - the only downside is their website is awful imo.

If you are trading US stocks only then TDAmeritrade have no annual account fees and no trading fees.

I think both also pay interest on money on deposit (TDAmeritrade certainly do), but that will most likely only be a pittance

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Can someone tell me please the difference on Degiro offering a Euro version and a USD version of the same share.

I notice one is based on the NYSE, should i stick to the euro one as i am based in Ireland. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

None really. The more exchanges you are on the more liquidity your company shares have access to.

I stick with US-listed ones as the taxes will be lower if you get dividends and fees are usually lower too.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Is anyone using Trade Republic and if not why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

OK. I’ve signed up with Degiro and i’m having issues transferring securities from Goodbody SB to them as DG don’t use DRS for transferring as Trade Republic don’t.

Does anyone k lq can goodbody offer a different transfer system other than DRS or DWAS.

Or can anyone suggest a different broker with lowest fees please. CRH and BOI shares to transfer.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

IBKR. I have a referral code if interested. I use it more than Degiro and Revolut now as fees are lower and there are more currency options.

Advertisement