Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 24 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 06-02-2024 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭

After playing a disastrous WC I have Olise and Gordon both crocked so thinking Ricky in for Olise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

2 FTS. Looking at Trent, Porro, Solanke to VVD, Doughty and Haaland. Don't trust Trent's minutes any more, especially for the double and selling him also means I can keep Watkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hmm have TAA and VVD myself, would really like some sort of Liverpool attacker for DGW but can’t really see who to drop based on form. Might just leave as is and have 2 FT going into the DGW

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have 2 FTs.

Alvarez to EBH.

Have Lascelles and Nakamba who won't get enough/any game time.

Might bring in Branthwaite and deal with Nakamba when I WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Going to do Porro to Ake this week and will leave me enough money if I want to get Darwin for Solanke next week. The money spent on Porro and Trent seems a waste at this stage with clean sheets non existent.

I think I'll hold fire this week and maybe go De Bruyne & Solanke to Haaland & midfielder next week with my 2 FT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Isak might be on the chopping block here. With the doubles coming I might roll till we get more news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Is Salah expected to be back for DGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Another headache this week.

Either Gordon to Jota, or Solanke to Darwin.

If I bring in Jota, then I'll have to bench Saka, Palamer or Solanke this GW, which could come back to haunt me (again!).

I also need to decide if I need KDB for the double or not (I currently have Foden and Haaland). I could bring in Alvarez for Solanke in DGW25 to cover for not having KDB. I think I'll have to not bring in KDB realistically.

Pros and Cons for Jota and Darwin, lads?

Given Palmer has a blank GW coming up it might be easier to do him to Jota and bench Gordon who is kinda injured.

Then depending on Sarah's availability Jota is likely to get more minutes than Darwin,

Darwin though is going to get 20+ points in some GW given somE of the chances he’s missed in multiple games, a double that includes Luton is probably the most likely time, if you knew he would start both I’d go with him.

I’d probably prefer Darwin over Alverez

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Jota all day for me, more consistent and then like you said allows for Solanke to Alverez for DGW

• Advertisement

Anyone else thinking of dumping Porro or just wait until he blanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Went TAA to Tripper.

Probably backfire now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Probably swap him out for a City defender ahead of DWG25.

Don't see the attraction of City defenders, they aren't keeping clean sheets or offering an attacking threat. They' looked vulnerable again yesterday. I'd rather triple up on attack but that's just me.

Yeah I have Ake already and he's been very frustrating to own

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

Miles behind in my leagues now and dropped to 900k OR after a few good weeks in a row so took a -4 for the following:

Solanke > Haaland

Bowen > Jota

Colwill > Van Dijk

Agree with this - when you look at VVD nearly every game he gets his head on the end of a corner - he is bound to score every now and again and is guaranteed to play

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Looking for advice, thinking of Darwin in for Solanke and replacing Porro at the back to get the extra money needed for Darwin. The only problem is I’ll have another benching headache (benched Foden this week!)

Id have

Saka Palmer Richarlison Jota Foden

Darwin Watkins Haaland

im thinking it would be Watkins I’d bench despite him just getting 18 points. Is it madness to take a -4 and end up benching Watkins? I’m just very wary of Darwin finally delivering over the next few nice fixtures especially Burnley at home.

The thing with Darwin is does he start the next 3 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He's the focal point of the Liverpool attack, and team right now. They play much much better when Nunez is on the pitch. Even when Salah is back, Nunez will still be the spearhead of the team. That doesn't mean he will be the finisher of chances, but he certainly is the focal point.

• Advertisement

Yea but he didn't start against Arsenal, in a game that they didn't want to lose.

I'm gonna have the same midfield as you if I bring in Jota. I'll have Haaland, Solanke and Watkins up top. So I'll also have a benching headache too. Scarred too from laving Richarlison on the bench last week also!

For me it's between Palmer, Saka and Solanke to bench. I find it hard to bench Watkins at home, and United have their moments at the back, he could haul. I don't feel good benching either of those 3 players but something has to give. Crazily I'm leaning towards Saka, as he's not officially on pens I don't think. The only annoying thing is that West Ham might have Fabianksi in goal and they were awful against United, and Arsenal great against Liverpool, so it feels like the wrong time to bench him. Interestingly, FFS have left Palmer out of their bus team this GW, and they play Saka. Watkins and Solanke don't make the team either. NOT looking forward to this decision!

Agree. I don't think I'll be bringing in Darwin, as I slightly prefer Jota, but I don't doubt his minutes, especially after being rested against Arsenal, and Liverpool playing so poorly. I'm quite fearful of Jota's minutes however, he tends to get hooked early, and Salah could be back soon.

Because he was injured in the previous game and wasn't fit. Which Klopp said before the game. He had started 8 of the previous 9 games.

Yeah I think Jota, and Salah too, benefits from Nunez playing also. Nunez bullied the Chelsea defence in the midweek recently and had 2 defenders marking him most of the time freeing up the space for Jota. I brought in Jota myself last week for this reason, and because of Jota's record against Arsenal. Nunez missing out ruined my plans then.

Is it just me or was the game more enjoyable when Haaland was injured? I don't even want to buy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

He'll be my captain this week but I wish he wasn't.

Game has been better the last week trying to navigate transfers and best captain picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I’m not bringing him in between now and end of Season,unless he goes in an insane run of form.

Game is more fun without him,more difficult to pick Captain etc.

TBF I’m out of contention in Private Leagues so it’s easier to go without Haaland as there won’t be repercussions from it.

Had a poor run before Christmas with lads going down with injuries and was on wrong side of Captains picks several times.

Also forgot to change team a couple of weeks which proved disastrous 🙈

Currently down at 1.7m O.R. which is my worst ranking in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So my hit to bring in Gordon hasn't exactly worked out 😕

I can bench him and start Elanga, but getting tempted by Luis Diaz for the juicy next 3 fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭FantasyFool

100%. No enjoyment when everyone has the same template team and EBH as captain. I wouldn't wish an injury onto anyone but would be delighted if he headed off to Madrid in the Summer.

Advertisement