Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey Ferguson 390 they worth it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭emaherx

Sounds familiar alright,

What were they looking for it?

It was in need of a little TLC after 22 years with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭White Clover

I think 15.5K but don’t hold me to it. I think it was for sale in Co. Galway but again don’t hold me to that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Suckler

Any 4000 series I looked at recently was well shook and a lot being sold as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭irishguy19772

Very hard to know what is genuine. A lot being sold with high Miles on the clock.

Would dealers be genuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭emaherx

Ah no bother @White Clover I was just wondering if they were looking much more than I got 😁. I took a bit less but it still had a gearbox issue leaving that I had decided wasn't worth the time and effort considering what I was offered as is, I hope it's resolved at that sort of money with the hours on it. It served us well here, I would loved to have done it up and kept it alongside the new one but it would probably still be sitting at the back of the shed beside the digger project I started about 8 years ago.

It's mad to see them selling for nearly as much as we paid in 2000.

• Advertisement

Ya tractors have been a good investment up to a couple of years ago. I have one tractor that was bought for just over 4k in 2015 that is worth about 8k today albeit about 2k spent on it over that time to get it in great condition. Another tractor bought for 25k with very low hours in 2014 is worth at least 30k today (still low hours). I wish I had bought more of them back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

They stopped making tractors during covid and the effect from that is still there today. I have noticed that tractors are staying up a lot longer on Donedeal now. No wonder with the crazy asking prices.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Tileman

Yea I’m on the look out for a mf 4355 or simillar. But the money being asked for rough yokes is incredible. As I am watching it more closely for past 6 months I see allot of tractors in dealers garage and DoneDeal not moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭eire23

I looked at a few 4255's and 43's the last few weeks and to me their day is done, most are painted up and they have a lot more work done than the hours are showing. All were 30k plus and rough as hell. And the roof rotten on them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Tileman

Yea that’s why I have I have not purchased any yet. Roof leaking is a serious issue in allot of them. Saw a lovely one up north but the issue was customs and with vat was working very expensive

Post edited by Tileman on

• Advertisement

Getting offered a landini ghibli 90 for around 18000 from a dealer that will be traded in shortly.

The ghibli weren't Landini's finest offering. Do you know the tractor?

Is it steel roof on all 43's? I have one of the last of them with the black cab frame. I was standing in the tipping trailer attached today and had a good look at the roof and there isn't a mark on it. I must check tomorrow if it's some other material.

Unfortunately don't know the tractor

Will be traded in the coming months and dealer reckoned it was a decent tractor

will steer clear so of the ghibli

The Landini Vision were a great tractor if you could get one of them.

The plastic part was just around the edges like a sort of trim. Ive a black cab 4355 as well. They are very rare.

Here a roof on a 2012 5480 I looked at two years ago. Not what ya would expect to find on a 2012 tractor!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Is it stored inside in a dry shed?

It's not bad if it's spent 10 years parked in a passage way or outdoors

The roof on my 4355 is perfect. If it's not working it's in a shed. Spent ages looking at 4355/45's before I bought it.

I couldn't imagine that 5480 saw to many nights inside. It was a fine tractor but I left it there when I saw that. It's still a design flaw in them to me. It's a problem with Massey's since the 4200's came out in 97/98 and that 5480 has the same problem and it made 14 years later. Ya would think they would have came up with a solution. At

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭divillybit

Best to avoid the 42 series Massey's OP, we had one and was glad the day it was sold. Leaky cab, awful gearbox and little things like the the lever on the mudguard to raise and lower the lift arms was a pure pox of a set up.

Advertisement