Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tucker Carlson at the Bolshoi Ballet (threadbans in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

One muppet's comment doesn't mean a entire organization is going that way.

Why do we need to hear Junkie Musk's opinion, can't we just have the original comment instead of a comment on a comment on the original comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Gussoe

Guy Verhofstadt's crying for a travel ban.

What a pathetic person. The interview hasn't even been published.

Guy's hysterics will be epic!

I agree, he will do more for Carlson's career than the interview on it's own will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

The average Russian was not prosperous pre invasion. Oligarchs are the enriched people, they became oligarchs via corruption. Putin included.

Alaska manages to have operational plumbing so nope, plenty of countries have freezing temperatures with plumbing. Even Antarctica manages some form of plumbing. You had to sidestep after previously claiming it's couldn't be true.

The conscription age has increased btw so yep, they're desperate for soldiers.

In relation to longevity of one's life, I'm pretty confident that if he and his cohorts hadn't stole billions, they'd have longer lives...

Any kind of protesting can end up with a person in getting serious trouble. Anti war, pro gay rights etc. The fact you're classifying opposing genocide as treason says a lot.

In relation to killing political opponents, whistleblowers and journalists. Anna Politkovskaya was a recognized hit and she was critical of Putin. Litvinenko got mysteriously exposed to radiation. Similar for Skripal. In that case Bellingcat managed to link the hitmen to Russian intelligence services. So either Putin has absolutely no control over his intelligence services or he absolutely does sanction hits. The reason it's not safe for a journalist to operate in Russia is because of Putin, the same reason it's not even safe to protest.

You accuse others of conspiracy theories. But you're the biggest proponent of them. You're a genocide denier because you've bought into a conspiracy theory propagated by Russia.

Post edited by eightieschewbaccy on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭jmreire

Most wealthy Russians have 2 (or more) homes, the vast majority of Russians do not. In the cities they live in vast apartment blocks, same in the Republics, built a long time ago in the USSR days. In the rural areas, the outhouse is still in common use, but generally, they are well supplied with piped gas for heating and cooking, much better than in the cities where due to lack of investment or even basic maintenance, the heating systems are generally in a state of collapse. Comparing St, Petersburg or Moscow to the Republics is like comparing chalk with cheese. And not only in appearances, but very different in attitudes too. Ethnic Russians are not popular in rural Russia, and that's for certain sure!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Gussoe

• Registered Users Posts: 38 victorfranco

If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend I would hope that I would have the strength to betray my country.

Looks to be official NATO to me, 100% no doubt about it. Keep up the good fight.

• Advertisement

A quick Google indicates he's been on the list since last year. Kissinger, Greenwald and a few others have been on it too. Can't see any indication that anyone on the list has actually been killed as a result of it though... Also even the article you've linked to, points to it having no official status. So it amounts to arse holes making it onto a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭jmreire

I lived there for several years (and in several other Country's as well, what you might call a good cross section) But unless you have actually lived in Russia, it's impossible to describe, it has to be lived. (holidays don't count for much, when it comes to the Russian Experience) But all your previous life experience and expectations, can be left at the entrance of the airport you arrive at. Russia is different, and when you depart, you will have changed too. The longer the stay, the more profound the change will be. Things you once took for granted; you will look at with new eyes and more appreciation!!!🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Won't save him but they will stop all funding to Ukraine,

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Stewball

Correct. Saddam did start the first war by attacking Kuwait and the yanks just had to get involved.

I'm still waiting on @linkoping to clarify his comment about more people being killed in the Ukraine in two years of war than have died in the two Iraqi wars. Since you decided to join the conversation - do you also believe that nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭junkyarddog

Sums it up nicely.

Plus we've all seen putin won't even get close to his own people,if Carlson isn't more that 50ft away from him he'll be speaking to a double!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭animalinside

Like I've been saying Putin needs KGB people following Carlson while in Russia - not because he might be spying of course but for his protection. While it would be a lot easier to take him out in the US it would be incredibly dirty and obvious what happened. As long as he's in Russia they can always create some ridiculous false flag theory that Putin did it to cause mayhem in the US, they could blame it on Russian dissidents, they could blame it on Ukrainian renegades, they could say life is cheap in Russia and all the conditioning over the years to get the populace to believe this would be relied on. So I would leave Russia as soon as he can, on a major Russian airline that state officials trust the most (maybe he should even get one of Putin's private jets).

Even if Carlson is not taken out, I think there's some chance that the interview will still never air and will be destroyed. Carlson would come on looking very spooked, he would say the interview was a mistake, he would say he enjoyed his time in Russia and still think Putin has his points (stating Putin is a monster would be way too obvious), but due to how he's a patriot loyal to the US he now believes it's not right to air the interview and it will be destroyed.

For a person accusing others of conspiracy theories, you've really gone down the rabbit hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mikefromcork

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Let's not forget the Russian soldiers in Ukraine happily reliving the glory days of the fall of Berlin in 1945....by raping every female (irrespective of age) they can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Field east

I would have no problem with our government/ Taoiseach lying through their teeth every day as long as I can speak freely my mind, be allowed to demonstrate on issues in opposition to government, the media is free , there is a good quality of life in the main, jobs/work is available, my safety is guaranteed - especially from being killed by state bodies, there are fair democratic elections, there is an independant judiciary, etc, etc, etc,

of course I expect some boardies here to counteract my point BUT NOTHING IS PERFECT.. Of course I would like to see a better health service, lower accommodation rents, no housing problems,, etc, etc .

On an international scale , is a very small country - especially from a geographical and economic perspective- with very limited assets eg gas, oil and minerals. So it has opportunities to create wealth. Some other countries are more ‘efficient ‘ because of economies of scale.

we think that we are badly off here in Irl. Just go and live in America, UK , Holland, Belgium , dare I say Russia, etc, and you might be very surprised to find such problems as major housing , homelessness, health, drugs, alcoholism issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭McFly85

Not once in his entire career has Carlson ever resembled a journalist, he’s a commentator, or as put in court - an entertainer. Because he comments on political events or people does not make him a journalist.

He doesn’t write stories with verifiable fact, he goes on TV(or social media now) and gives his opinion on things.

The idea that this interview is in any way a form of journalism is laughable. We all know what it’s going to be - a Putin puff piece that will be hugely critical of Americas support of Ukraine during the Russian invasion, that the ultra right wing in America will latch on to.

If the US had any sense they’d be thinking the same thing as Verhofstadt and banning an obvious agent against the state from travelling back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I'm a big supporter of Ukraine in their fight against the brutal and illegal Russian invasion, but that Twitter story sounds entirely made up. It's far too clean a story arc - from normal German girl to fanatic Russophile and Ukrainophobe, to suddenly seeing the "real Russia" and wanting to redeem herself by donating to the Ukrainian cause after being raped and left for dead by none other than a returned Russian criminal conscript - but she's condemned to a life of disability in exile, surrounded by hostile enemies. It reads like something from the relatively fertile imagination of a 17 year-old who thinks that their writing had to fit into the form of a neat parable, with exaggerated hubris punished by eternal damnation and regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I guess this is what tucker wanted. People talking about him. Since he has gone on twitter he really hadn't been mentioned here at all, even in the Trump thread. I don't think his post fox news career is going the way he hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

We're witnessing the fall of the house of tucker. He'll be a laughingstock after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

He was a laughing stock when in fox news, to be fair. His show segments were pretty mental but he doesn't get the mainstream coverage he used to have. That must kill him, and probably prompted his visit to Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mikefromcork

It's certainly recast him from the junior klansman dressed like Richie Rich role he flogged to death in the last 10 years

Advertisement