Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City teaser promo with Johnny One, 1989.

Options
  • 04-02-2024 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭

Wonder does anyone remember this promo which ran on RTE in the run up to the launch of Fair City in 1989?

It showed Eanna MacLiam as Johnny One, the biker lad who was a prominent early character, pull up on his motorbike on the main st (or square or whatever) of Catrickstown. He breaks the third wall and addresses the viewer and talks about the residents of Carrickstown , while he does the camera cuts to them. The only bit of these mini vignettes I can remember was the guy who was the early shows answer to Dick Byrne (can't think of his name but he was a womanising businessman). He was coming out of this attractive wans house and kissing her at the door as he left, she was in her nightie I think.

Not a Fair City fan but I'd like to see it again.

Comments

Advertisement