Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying AerLingus to USA via UK

Options
  • 03-02-2024 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

It is substantially cheaper to book 4 flights to JFK via Manchester with Aer Lingus. Has anyone done this and what was your experience ?. Which airline do you fly with from Manchester ?. Would we need to go through US Emigration in JFK or can we clear through Dublin?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭user302243

You'd clear in JFK which can be hit and miss. Last two times I cleared in JFK I've walked through, no queues

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

As regards cost, try using skyscanner to compare all available options.

And you can only use pre-clearance at Dublin Airport if you're flying direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭JVince

Frankly it depends on the day and time and demand.

Sometimes Dublin will be cheaper, sometimes another route.

If flexible, a change in the day can elicit big savings. I'm heading to Baltimore in April for €416 return including all charges. If I went two days later the cheapest is over €700.

But preclearance in Dublin is solely for flights where the next stop is on American soil

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Clear migration over there.....Aer Lingus fly from MAN to JFK direct so check the flight times on their website as it's probably with AL.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GeneralSherman

Thanks everyone, very useful information there for me to consider. Anyone any advice about hiring a car at JFK please ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You should compare British Airways too with Dublin to JFK, they code share with Aer Lingus and others so can be cheaper.

Advertisement