Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW23 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Trossard goal - Alisson beating too easily

Might be a VVD OG - would just be lol as I have him and Gabriel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Okay, how is Gabriel not getting that assist? there is only the faintest touch from Alison that doesn't change the ball direction at all.

No idea, the points seem to be final now as well - can anyone shed some light how how that's not an assist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭macraignil

Was thinking it would have bean an assist as well but seeing as the ball went such a long distance and Alisson got a touch to kill the pace on the ball and change the direction slightly they must have thought it was not clear enough that Martinelli was the intended target seeing as how he also traveled a good distance before taking the shot with the ball that had skimmed off Allison. Was another one last season when Isak of Newcastle clipped the ball to the back post but because of a defender getting a touch it was ruled to be not an assist. Probably no one in FPL towers with these players in their starting team.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,973 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If theres a touch from Alisson, its not an assist, because its an attempted clearance rather than a block.......but I didn't see any touch at all from Alisson, so I'd be pretty annoyed about that one if I hadn't benched Gabriel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭ForestFire

But this is what I do not like about these assists, It was clearly an intended pass from Gabriel to find the forward player (Even if hopeful), and whether you call it a block or missed clearance, it was barely noticeable (But it is there in the replays).

While Last week (or the week before?), a player takes a shot on goal from the edge of the area (Central), a defender blocks it, it spirals into the area and 45 degrees to the edge of the 6-yard box to a player running in, and the assist is given, where he had no intention of finding the scorer in the first place!

Do they take this data from an independent source, like PL official stats, opto or whatever they are called?

I think Opta are involved. Ultimately I’m kind of ok with them having rules as to what an assist is, as long as they’re applied consistently (hasn’t always been the case either)

Feel kinda hard done by the assist lot being give - if Allison touched it you potentially argue that it was a save as the long ball up the field looking to be on target

a Haaland hatrick tonight and/or one of Foden, KDB or Haaland missing out would more than make up for it

Whether on target or not wouldn't really come into it, as it wasn't a shot. It would just be a loose ball collected by the keeper. You don't get saves for those either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭crushproof

Leaks suggesting that Haaland will be starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

He starts alright, along with Foden, KdB and Alvarez so the early team news is saying.

I've Foden and Haaland (c) and Alvarez looking on from my bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Hopefully a haaland goal fest incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Need a big night from Foden and Captain Haaland.....my already slender mini league leads have been slashed in the last couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'd personally love a no-show from Foden today, as in zero minutes. Richarlison on my bloody bench. Either that, or a big haul from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Pretty much all my eggs are in the Haaland (c), KDB, Foden basket.

So, I'm sorry in advance to anyone who has them! 😂

Man City XI: Ederson, Gvardiol, Rúben Dias, Walker(c), Aké, Bernardo Silva, Foden, Rodri, Álvarez, De Bruyne, Haaland

Subs: Lewis, Doku, Grealish, Ortega, Bobb, Stones, Kovacic, Akanji, Nunes

Brentford XI: Flekken, Pinnock, Collins, Mee, Jensen, Roerslev, Reguilón, Janelt, Nørgaard(c), Toney, Maupay

Subs: Fredrick, Lewis-Potter, Brierley, Strakosha, Ajer, Baptiste, Yarmoliuk, Damsgaard, Zanka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭crushproof

Counting on Brentford to hold the robot and Alvarez at bay here. Could be a total onslaught.

Lets hope Halaand punishes the non believers - his price is already gone up before he’s played this week, a haul for kDB would be most welcome as well

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Maupay flekken assist 👀

very much against the run of play

Maupay (Flekken)

Goal from Flekkens kick out.

Can't be offside from a goal kick, so maupay got away with the position he was in when Toney held off Man City defender when the ball coming down.

• Advertisement

But was Maupay the intended target 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

And EBH misses a one on one

FS

Haaland misses a one on one. Saved by Flekken.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Haaland clean through one-on-one and Flekken saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think that’s 6 saves already

could be hitting some sort of record at this rate

record is 14

• Registered Users Posts: 22,563 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Any Flekken owners here? 6 saves and an assist already!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Jesus soccer can be a very very hard watch with all the cheating going on.

If they could find a way to stop players faking injuries, and over reacting to tackles, it would be the single biggest improvement in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I hate that defenders and goalkeepers get the same amount of points for an assist as strikers and midfielders. I'd love to see that changed to 4/5pts. Doubt they'll ever change it though!

Can someone remind me why I bought Foden?

• Advertisement

He's a transfer out for me maybe this GW. KdB pulling the strings here, some of his passes are outrageous.

Foden shot, and Flekken nearly spills it into the net.

Advertisement