Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There are no words

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Wow.

What a truly incredible gesture @fergal.b

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wowzers.

What a fabulous thing to do.

The story of that boat - from where you found it, to how you restored and adapted it, to how your son and family enjoyed it - really needs to be told properly.

And now this. I'm left a bit speechless, tbh.

👏👏

• Registered Users Posts: 13,265 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

What a great thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭nokiatom

That's unreal and a very lucky man to be able to get out on the water.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Thanks all , as you know this boat only came to be from your help and support, it had served us well for the time it needed to and now its time for someone else to enjoy the benefits of being out on the water building memories , in the end memories are the only thing of value and to be in someone's memory is a gift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

What a lovely moving gesture Fergal.

Next level selflessness from you and your wife.

I take it OldsCool is looking good for 2024!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Maybe not 2024 I'm on a go slow but will have more time to be going slow 😁 I'm also looking at getting wrist fusion op's where I will have metal plates put in my wrist to stop them moving in any direction this should ease the pain but limit my movements , I will have to train my elbows to be more flexible 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Just don't hesitate to ask for help on here when you can use it, you've certainly paid it forward often enough. Anyone handy knows an extra pair of hands for even a few minutes can not only make some tasks a lot safer but often get it done in 10% of the time and effort struggling on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

This isn't the first instance of Fergal's incredible generosity. A few years ago Fergal was the winner of a nationwide competition for a large range of power tools. As part of the promotion he was filmed demonstrating some of the tools in a workshop setting. He wanted this filmed closer to home for personal reasons instead of in the distributors warehouse. Fergal chose his local men's shed in nearby Balbriggan.

When filming was completed, he called the lads from the men's shed into the workshop and simply said "Guys, I have duplicates of almost everything I won, I'll take one or two items and would like to donate the rest over to you"

Fergal, you'll be pleased to know your power tools are used on a weekly basis.

Many thanks, Con [admin]

Thanks Con ☺️ if interested I still have a large collection of power tools that I would love to find a good home for as most of them I can't use anymore but maybe I could drop by sometime and have you plane a bit of wood for me or do a bit of welding 🙂 it would also mean I could fit in my shed again 😀 if you are interested or know of any other men's / women's sheds that would like them please get in touch and we will sort something out .

Kind regards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement