Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 5G coverage disappeared from my area

Options
  • 02-02-2024 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

I signed up to a 2 year contract for 3 5g broadband 1 year ago.

Recently I am not getting 5g at all - only 4G.

I have been on to them and they are sending an engineer. Hopefully I won't have to wait days (I will).

But what has worried me is their 5G coverage now shows 'none' in my area.

Out of interest I went to sign up to the package I'm on and it also said 5G not available.

So if I wanted to sign up to the contract I am currently on I would not be able to wtf.

I do have an outdoor 5G router - so maybe they have discontinued that?? And only do indoor ones now.

Is it possible they have downgraded a local mast. Would they actually do this?

I know I could ask them these questions but I don't fancy my chances of getting to speak to anyone who actually knows anything.

edit: they have now told me an engineer will be out next week - Wednesday. I'm raging. No broadband at all now.

Post edited by adm on

Comments

Advertisement