Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Received a Mod Warning for a post in the Rugby Forum

Options
  • 02-02-2024 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I wish to dispute a warning I received for a post on the Rugby Forum.

I considered the warning to be harsh but didn't decide to appeal it to the mod (awec) until the following morning, I PM’d the Mod who gave me the warning to put some context to my post (context outlined below) and to request the withdrawal of the warning. His reply gave very little info on why this particular post received a warning, especially when similar posts on the same thread were allowed without infractions. He also stated that he he didn't he he should overturn the warning. Again, having thought about it I fell that I'm being harshly treated for a fairly innocuous post

Thus leading me to post here in the Dispute Resolution forum in an attempt to dispute what looks like a harsh warning and seek to have the warning overturned.

Firstly – I have no issue with the mod or any mod trying to keep a discussion on track or to attempt to block a discussion on a particular issue/player, etc on a particular thread/s. I told him in my DM that he could leave the public mod warning in place but asked him to withdraw the infraction that I received as I believe these warnings are accumulated and may lead to a ban.

The full post is a follows

“6-2 split on the bench strengthens Murrays chances of being in the match day squad.

Ryan benching doesn't help his cause to replace POM as captain”

Context:

There were a number of posts earlier in the thread where potential captains of the squad were being mentioned and at least one player was being discounted as he may not be a certain starter.

My post was made in the lead up to what most would see as the clash of the Top 2 teams in the 6Ns so it would be safe to assume that the Andy Farrell was picking his strongest team available and with that in mind then Ryan could no longer be seen as a certain starter and it was one of the first things that was of note to me when I saw the leaked team. 

As I say, the warning came from left field as this very type of discussion was allowed up to when the current captain was announced to be captain for the 6Ns campaign.

Appeal

I would like this to be reviewed and I am hoping that the Mod Warning is rescinded. As I have said if the mod/s feel that a warning on the thread helps the discussion then I have no issue with that remaining but have my infraction overturned.

Thanks,

phog

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hi phog, I will look into this over the weekend for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hi phog,

Your post could easily have lead into another Leinster v Munster crap shoot that is all too popular in the Rugby Forum. That did not happen because a Mod was online at the time and posted both a Mod Warning and dealt with yout post with a 1 point Warning.

The Mod Warning was warrented as a result of your post, nipping it in the bud was the correct course of action. I am giving you some leeway by replacing the 1 point warning with a 0 point warning, that will point out how any further post of yours that could lead to the same type situation will not be tollerated. You are around long enough for that not to happen again but if it does, do not be surprised when you receive a 1 point warning.

If this is agreeable to you let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'll accept the 0 point warning, I'm obviously not happy with it but the appeal process is so dragged out I'm letting this one go.

That is now done.

Thread may now be closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement