Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACRES - The Shambles. Have you been paid??

Options
  • 01-02-2024 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭

With the shambles of the roll out of the acres scheme, it would be interesting to grab a snapshot of what kind of numbers if posters are waiting or have been paid. All votes are anonymous

I did a quick tot and there is approx 28k farmers waiting to the paid with an average payment of €4.5k in the general cohort and close to €7k in the cooperation cohort leaves over €150million owed to farmers. Deadlines have been missed and the broken promises are well worn thin at this stage

ACRES - The Shambles. Have you been paid?? 94 votes

Yes
    29% 28 votes
    No
    46% 44 votes
    Not in ACRES
    23% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I joined ACRES...then decided to withdraw....

Shìt scheme....not worth the hassle unless you live out the west....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭RockOrBog

Same as I dropped out in November, not worth the stress and aggro

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oakwork

Not a cent received .....all i have from it are bills and a loss of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

I'm holding off purchasing whips as other bills have to get priority now. The goalposts changing on payment would leave you in a good place if you had to appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

In cp, said I'd wait to see what the 1st year is worth to me, still waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Sami23

No payment here yet but have paid advisor 600 euro already and now have to buy Trees, Tree Protectors and Stakes before end of March.

It's a joke and I don't even know how much I'm supposed to be getting if I ever get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭massey 265

Im in acres general scheme here and got the 85%advance payment before christmas.Just wondering how come some applicants to acres dont know how much they are entitled to get per annum when all their actions were outlined on the acceptance letter sent to all succesful acres applicants.This enables all applicants to calculate exactly what they are entitled to per annum from the acres scheme.Maybe this is only applicable to the general scheme and the co op scheme is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ULEZ23

Because some advisors are worth the €600 and some are cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

It took 2 additional years between advisors and the dept to draw up and they’ve made a mess with the farmer left to deal with the issue. Farmers in Acres CP maybe the worst affected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

People in the cp.don't know .No results of the scoring yet. The NPIs have to be sent to the Acres MSC team who will have to decide if the measures selected are appropriate before you can proceed NPIs selected last October aren't get decided. These are for the first year. If these are approved they will then have to be completed and payment applied for.Could be close to end of year before payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

A great shame so many signed up to it in the first place. Maybe some weren't in environmental schemes of the past, to be able to appreciate how better they were in financial terms, when the euro went further.

I hope it will open eyes for going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

By the looks of it what was applied for in November will have to be completed in 2024 with payment more than likely in 2025

That’ll mean 1 year of no money and 2 year of little (scored value). With the NPI’s the farmer has to have the activity completed and paid in full to be approved for payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭manjou

Well I'm adding another cockup to the acres scheme. I got paid too much. The 85% I got is greater than I was supposed to get paid in total. Despite being sent what was agreed to be done some how got paid for 1000 metres extra in watercourse I don't have. Now that may seem great but I know there is going to be alot of shite before it is solved and can guarantee they will say my fault not there's. I know not the only 1 this happened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭massey 265

That clarifies alot.Tough goin for the cp applicants for sure.Also on calculations the 85% payment made seems incorrect in my case so they havnt got that right either. God knows whats in store down the line when they figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Diarmuid B

I’m still waiting on my payment. In organic so I only picked 2ha riparian zone and less slurry. Got told before Christmas everything was grand with my application and was awaiting to be paid. Contacted them last week to be told there was an invalid crop id on a parcel on the farm. The whole farm is down as permanent pasture yet somehow one parcel was incorrect despite them all being the same (go figure). No idea when this money is coming either

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Any general participant with commonage receive a payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭eire23

Nope, still waiting and they do t seem to know when it will be paid either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I can't understand what DAFM don't pay at least 75% of monies due for ACRES now and then claw back any over payment via BISS etc if participants don't achieve the required scores.

We didn't choose any score options in ACRES and got paid the 85% in December. We still have to plant 10 trees in the riparian zone before the end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭lmk123

I’m waiting to apply for ACRES, I’m in the cooperation area, there is some problem with my maps on their end and they’ve said that I can apply whenever they have it sorted, anyway my question is for people that are in this for the last year, is it actually worth doing or is a waste of time when the advisors costs and the rubbish you have to do with the land is taken into consideration. I have enough land to get the max payment and the advisor has told me his costs will be approx €2k including the plan and scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭anthony500_1

I'm in the CP zone, got in, in the original trance as a teir 1, I'm not sure how he could say you would get the maximum as your fields need to be scored. And depending on what they score you get paid on that, my advisor could only guarantee me 1200 for stone wall maintenance and 2 Connemara pony's made up another 400, the rest depended on how well or poor my fields scored. The additional 3k for the CP zone are all non input stuff like gates bird box's etc but the CP team have to approve them depending on your location.

I've paid my advisor about 1k for 2023 for drawing up the plan, and scoring the fields. I didn't go for any of the non input stuff, yet.

I still dont know how much I'm actually going to get as between scoring and CP zone it seems to be a big secret as fsr as i can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭lmk123

I mean I have enough land to get the max payment, whether I actually get it or not is another story depending on scoring as you said. To be honest based on what I’m reading here id say I won’t bother with it. They really couldn’t care less about farmers, hard to believe people don’t know what they’re getting paid after spending so much. I made a stupid paperwork mistake a few months ago, they sent me a letter the day before the first Eco / Criss payments were to be made saying that I had received a penalty, money was withheld from my payment the following day. Amazing how the b*****ds can work so quickly when it suits them.

What species of Trees are you planning on planting Base and where are you sourcing them from ? - I've to do the same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Base price

One of the Birch species as they already grow beside the lake and that is where the riparian zone is. We haven't got them sorted yet but a friend says that he can get them for us. I don't have a price either but I have to work on sourcing them soon.

Edit to add - the ground would be peaty where we are going to plant them so I think they are the only trees that have a chance of growing.

Mine ground would be peaty also so was thinking of going with the Silver Birch or Alder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Finally a flicker of light. The devil will be in the detail and what % of the payment will make up the interim payment

Also will the balancing payment be issued in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

You dont have to pay it back in 1 go. Years ago my dad got paid his beef premia twice. He rang them they said everything was fine there was no error. Then he got a snotty letter. He had written down the name of the lad who said nothing was wrong. He paid it back over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

The cheque from the training day arrived in the post.

Attended it at Halloween.

the lad did say no cheque would be sent until the dept paid them first. Some wait for Monet.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Not sure how this is gonna work wasn't expecting to get 5k outta this. Hopefully they will give an expected total payment

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Is the acres payment showing for anyone on agfood yet ?

• Advertisement

Advertisement