Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming coach recommendations Dublin

Options
  • 01-02-2024 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for recommendations of a swim coach in Dublin. For gf who is new enough to swimming and getting into triathlon. Has basic front crawl technique but needs guidance. Looking for on deck stroke analysis and preferably to include some video recording.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Carol Walsh in Westwood clontarf is good for 1:1. Joining a tri club is the best option for coached swims. Most run a new to triathlon program at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Thanks StaggerLee, will look into Carol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my wife got swimming lessons from a former triathlete and really liked her; will get her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

What part of Dublin is she? As @StaggerLee said, most clubs start New to Tri groups this time of year. Club I'm in which is in Blanch starts this week and have group sessions with coach in the NAC which personally I've found to be great. Nearly all clubs will have a group like this and it's great to join one as the camaraderie is really great

But as for 1:1 coaches I can't recommend any as I've never used them

As someone relatively new to triathlons myself, can I recommend to her to do pool based triathlons first, Portlaoise is in few weeks. There is a TriATri race, so 400m (16 lengths) which is very doable at her own pace

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Thanks all for the advice. I am reaching out to the coaches mentioned here and linked to the tri clubs to try and get something suitable set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Good-mum

Trackstart in Trinity Sports Centre. Giacomo and Hazel coach. They are amazing.

Advertisement