Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Rimini Riddle, is actors repeat fees the problem ?

Options
  • 01-02-2024 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

There is an online community who have become very interested in Rimini Riddle, even people who never saw it originally. The concept of a talking stuffed toy and a talking football who were to kidnap a child so that it would be eaten by alien creature things in another universe is extremely "out there" for a children's show. There was a campaign during lockdown no1 in Spring 20 to repeat it or stream it but RTE said that there is a "rights issue" to prevent that, considering it seems to have been an in-house production, I guess actor repeat fees are the problem? I can't imagine they taped over it as it was only ended in the mid 90s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I wonder if they kept Rimini Riddle? Are they still in the RTÉ archives? I have seen an episode on YouTube, but RTÉ have always had issues repeating their own Dramas. It would be interesting to go back further and see Pajo and The Salty Dog.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

That programme scared the crap out of me as a child. I'd love to see it again.

Instead of repeat actors fees, I would put good money on it actually having been taped over.

A few years ago RTE released a DVD called "Zig and Zag: The best bits from back Den". My sister gave it to me for christmas. I switched it off about half way through. Instead of it being the best bits, it was pretty obvious it was the only bits they could find.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd be fairly sure that repeating this would breach various human rights conventions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I never saw it when it was screened. Think I was vaguely aware of it but I would have been 18 when in 1992 and all I knew was that it was a kids puppet show. From the little of it thats been uploaded to YouTube and the batsh!t sounding storylines I really want to see more of it.

Advertisement