Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 01-02-2024 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I need to sell Gabriel or Porro.

Any strong opinions on this ?

I want to sell Gabriel but I think he’ll have games in 26 and 29 whereas I think Porro will have blanks those gameweeks.

With Gabriel I’ll probably need clean sheets for points but Porro ain’t getting any clean sheets so it’s solely his attacking returns that count. I think he was still on corners tonight even though Maddison was back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,848 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Halaand will be back in anyway. Probably for solanke.

Not sure what to do about kdb yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking at Archer to Haaland.

Surely starts the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’d say much more likely than yesterday, but not close to 100% either (especially after Alvarez scoring 2 yesterday). Thinking of bringing him in alright, but he’s a risky captain so I would like more news (that we likely won’t get) to feel better about it

I'll most likely bring him in too but 50/50 on captaincy.

Gordon is tempting at home to Luton. He was excellent last night and unlucky to come away with 1 point.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He has a ceiling alright, but he just doesn’t have that reliability I tend to look for in a captain. These are the kind of captains IMO that people love to shout about when they hit, but then say nothing about the 5 or 6 similar punts they had that went nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It kinda feels like there are a lot of different options emerging now in top 8 positions and then we have city with a DGW and pool/spurs/chelsea with a blank coming up - hard to navigate.

Hojlund beginning to show some form - goals and assist in last two games as well

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Need a -4 to get Haaland so might chance leaving it for another week. Also don't know which of Watkins or Solanke I want to sell for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Jesus lads.

Sell Gabriel or Porro or Estupinan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Have the money for Solanke to Haaland but I’m not convinced Haaland starts and I kind of fancy Solanke for captain so might leave that move one more week.

I have 2 transfers though so need to use 1. Still have Lascelles who’s injured and not first choice anyway. Basically I want to sell him for someone that has a guaranteed game in GW26 & GW29. Also if they have a nice game this week it would be a bonus as could start him over Gabriel.

Basically that leaves 3 teams Fulham, Burnley, Brentford. Think I’ll rule out Burnley as they’re poor and I already have Beyer. So I think that puts me between Brentford or Fulham. Fulham have a far nicer fixture this week but Brentford double in 25 (but a horrible double). I think from those teams it’s probably a choice between Robinson or Pinnock. Any suggestions? Leaning Robinson as he’s cheaper, slightly nicer fixtures and more attacking threat. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Darwin a doubt this weekend

• Advertisement

I've gone Alvarez to Haaland. I think Pep will start with Haaland and want to give him minutes. Trying to figure out a defender though. Probably get rid of TAA for a -4 but not sure who to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Haaland in for me, Solanke gone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Klopp has hinted that there could be a DGW for Liverpool with the Luton game being played before the cup final (Brentford away & Luton home).

DGW 25, sorry forgot to mention that. Could actually be DGW 24 but that would be very close, maybe too close.

Anyone else to sell? Who do you want to bring in?

All have pros and cons.

You'll prob bench Gabriel this week but fixtures after are decent plus they don't blank in GW26. (whu, bur, NEW, shu)

Porro and Spurs have nice fixtures but they are conceding quite a lot lately so you're banking on his attacking threat. I do like him but he blanks in GW26. For me, TAA or Porro will leave ahead of GW26.

Estupinan. Brighton are not in great form right now but their fixtures are appealing. (CRY, tot, shu, EVE, ful). He's cheap and lots of potential attacking returns. I do have a slight reservation about him, not convinced but wouldn't be selling ahead of Palace at home. Also doesn't blank in GW26.

For context, I have all 3 of these plus TAA and Taylor.

Plan is to bench Gabriel this weekend, Estupinan in GW24, GW25 unsure who I'll bench and then sell Porro or TAA in GW26. Curious as to why you're looking to sell and who you're bringing in.

DGW's are generally a red herring because of rotation. Trying to arrange a team around it can cause you hassle for the next 2 or 3 gwks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Seriously considering WC my team is in a shlte, have no bench (Archer, Taylor & Lascelles and have some under performers.

Planned on using it later but might have to activate

Yea i too was looking at WC, and then that blank week or just FH, Newcastle have a great run of fixtures - Trippier could be worth a punt, Pool, Chelsea, Spurs all blanking soon is a pain htough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Porro but I'd hold off until GW25 if you can, you'll know more about GW29 at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone think Haaland won't start again this weekend?

I'll probably hold for another week and see how he goes. It sounded like he was rusty as f**k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I feel like waiting one more week too. I like Watkins and Solanke's fixtures this GW, and I'd like to keep Alvarez for the DGW. So it makes sense to do Solanke to Haaland next week. I'll have some fear if he starts though!

I could do Alvarez to Haaland this week, then bring Alvarez back in for the DGW25. Seems like a wasted transfer, though I do have 2FTs and no idea what to do with them.

On Haaland being rusty, worth noting this:

"Haaland had five penalty box touches during his cameo while Julian Alvarez (£6.9m) had just two from 85 minutes. Only Jeremy Doku (£6.5m) had more, with six. Haaland also had as many shots in the box as Alvarez (two)."

I'm expecting Haaland to fire this weekend actually. Brentford have conceded 15 in their last 6.

Almost tempted to TC him too. Just a feeling I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Any suggestion for a cheap mid? 5.0m or below?

Was thinking maybe Garnacho or Mainoo, but fully open to suggestions. Would be fifth choice mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Because I’d earmarked bringing in Trippier for their upcoming run and he’s the best defender to own in the game.

Originally was going to sell Gabriel but he’s definitely not being sold now because of GW 26 and 29.

I think Estupinan is much more likely for an attacking return than Porro so poor auld Porro has to go and I’ve not had him that long at all. Although I’ve just realised he has a game in 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Sacrifice Richy or Palmer for Gordon? Or just keep both? Think Gordon might get a huge score this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Would people sell Darwin for Haaland?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Sorry wrong thread

Post edited by Newbie20 on

• Advertisement

Liverpool DGW 25 confirmed. Might influence transfers.

Advertisement