Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start of a scam?

Options
  • 30-01-2024 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭

Posted my Seiko Sumo Hulk to Germany, Anpost said delivered at 9.17am

buyer just said he was home and never arrived.

Told him to reach out to Deutsche Post with tracking number and see what they say.

here we go…..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Definitely sounds like it. I hope for your sake it was sent with signed for delivery. Trying to prove it was delivered is going to be tough without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Jesus DT, stressful few days ahead. Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding and gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

have you checked the german post tracking? it might have more detailed info.. ive had fun posting stuff to various locations in the past.. post has been dropped in various places at peoples houses.. one time sent a hd dvd player to the uk and it was left in the rain on the porch of a house.. luckily it hadnnt soaked through.. at least you are covered if it doesn't show up.. lately ive had two amazon deliveries left into neighbours houses while we were at home and tracking said delivered.. neighbours didnt leave in till next day.. had filed a missing parcel case with amazon. that said never had anything lost really so fingers crosses stays the same.. probably the most awkward cases ive had is stuff getting stopped in irish customs with an post.. and them not contacting me that they had it.. actually now that i think of it.... is a watch covered by an post? and i thought they covered a max of 250 euro out of country.. did you use securus or another insurer?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

+1 on Mick's suggestion. I often find that checking the local delivery agent's tracking can return slightly different info. Eg I've had some that showed as delivered on Anpost, show as delivery attempted on Correos & Norge

• Advertisement

Didn’t know I could track it that way.

Chrono24 have opened a Mediation and have advised what to do. Yer man was superfast at telling me without even trying to ask even neighbours.. it hopefully will turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Fingers crossed it resolves. Recently sold a watch and whilst I could have gotten maybe a hundred more through chrono I just couldn't be arsed. Can't beat crisp (real) fifties and a local meeting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

If it’s “delivered” will insurance still pay?

Yeah..sold my Apple Watch , met buyer in cafe, had a coffee and had notes in my hand.

• Advertisement

I guess it’s a lesson no matter what.

Am lucky it’s not in the thousands.. Although would use different shipping if it was.

Shows no matter how safe it seems to be Chrono24 or anyone, , it’s the people that are the weakest link. And it’s the seller taking the biggest risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Bet there's an identical Boards.de thread started from the buyer's point of view! 😊.

Yeah.. probably 😀

only difference is , Chrono24 will probably give him back his money.

Update..

was advised that he thinks it went to another town? once I confirmed to him I had sent to the right address, I also advised that this was sent registered, so Deutsche Post would need a signature to had it over and can he please check with them who signed for it and if possible send me some pictures of the signature to support my claim.

He now thinks it could still be at the post office…

getting close..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Fingers crossed!

My experiences sending watches via courier have been good, and touch wood, no disasters with registered post either.

I have regularly used registered post to send stuff to Germany for servicing with no issues.

As mentioned on here.. went to track it via Deutsche Post myself.

their tracking says that The recipient has been notified. The shipment is ready for collection at the relevant Deutsche Post branch.

So, it’s at his post office..

hopefully be sorted soon.

Final update

After me sending him the screenshot, he found the notification in his post box!

As of this morning, Watch has been found and he has it.

Good news all round albeit worrying for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Good outcome!

Nice one.

Advertisement