Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 battery fuse fault after attempting battery replacement

Options
  • 30-01-2024 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

The HKC 1070 alarm in my parents house reported a battery panel fault recently. I fitted a new 3.2Ah battery (the old one was 7Ah) being wary of connecting black to black and red to red. The alarm then reported a 'battery fuse fault' as well as the original battery panel fault. I took a photo of the panel, disconnected the new battery and called it a night.

After checking the photo, to my great shame, I had connected it with the wrong polarity. Assuming the new 3.2Ah battery is ok to continue using, is there a battery fuse that I need to replace? I cannot see anything obvious in the panel that could be one. I looked up the service manual and it mentions some 'resettable fuses'.

Should the battery fuse automatically reset and work once I reconnect the new battery with the correct polarity, or is there one that might need to be replaced?

Photo of the panel attached

Comments

Advertisement