Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA and Casual Work

Options
  • 29-01-2024 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi there

I've been on JSA for a while now but I have casual work coming up. It's very sporadic and seasonal and the work would be quite ad-hoc and payments wouldn't be regular. It's to do with coaching and advising teams. Max would probably work out at around €100 a week if evened out over 52 weeks of the calendar year, but it's likely that payments will be done in 4 batches. My guess is that in 2024 it will total just over €5000

Any ideas of a) can I still hold onto JSA at full rate and B) how do I go about declaring the income and is it taxable etc.

It would be under a business name and sole-trader

I am currently on full rate of JSA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Similar questions have been raised before in relation to sporadic employment & Being in receipt of a Jobseekers payment & there's no clear answer or mechanism to deal with this issue.

The best advice is to talk to your local intereo centre directly to get advice. The income would be taxable but I presume your employer will expect you to take care of this & revenue would be the people to talk to.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement