Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW22 transfer thread - We need to talk about Kevin

Options
  • 29-01-2024 12:27pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thinking Saka to Kevin.

TAA and Robbo also got minutes yesterday, so, a -4 of Lascelles to TAA is in my thoughts too - really only a -2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Kdb in and captain most likely , whose likely to be dropped for kdb - foden , alavarez?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

KDB already increased 0.3m since last GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Thoughts on salah and Watkins out for kdb and ebh for a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Rodgeb

Im considering something similar. If Haaland is anyway fit getting him back early and make him captain, could be massive against Burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking Salah/Alverez to KDB/EBH for -4 as have 3 city already. Otherwise Salah to Maddison/Jota

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Am I right in saying that he cannot rise again before the deadline?

Correct.

0.3m is the most a player can move between gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Is buying KDB not very risky? Surely the chances of him starting are no more than 50/50? Good chance you’re captaining a 1 pointer I think.

Pretty sure KDB has been bought by just over a million managers since last gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’ve never even considered bringing him in, so I’m more nervous that this is a big massive blind spot on my part.

• Advertisement

I considered it for a minute but when I realised that Salah’s price wasn’t going to drop and keep dropping I gave up on it.

I seen a geezer on a podcast today (rare time I’ve watched a podcast pre gameweek) and he (it was pras or lateriser) talked about how it was now very likely that KDB would play as a 10 or at least very close to the striker. Talked about him not being needed deeper now with him having ‘less legs’ as he gets older and Pep with good options for engine type players in the middle.

if it’s true then he could be very hard to go without but I’m going with Doku as he’s the player that has impressed me the most and KDB will be susceptible to an injury in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I would say your right about the 50/50 - decent chance you'll captain a 1 pointer, equally decent change you'll captain a 20 pointer - what side of that do you want to be on? Who is the alternative captain pick this week?

There’s a lot of speculation in their analysis, right? With guys like Alvarez, Foden, Doku, Grealish, Bernardo (even Bobb staking a claim now), minutes will be much harder to come by, in any attacking role at City (yes De Bruyne and Doku aren’t competing for the same position in the team, but Doku playing would impact the position Foden or Bernardo might play)

Have we rewritten De Bruyne’s history a little bit here over the time he’s been away? Hes a very good FPL asset when at his best but he’s never been a Haaland or a Salah.

I would argue the chances of De Bruyne getting a 1 point and a 20 point score are not remotely equal at all? He definitely has the capacity to haul, but I feel it’s being massively overstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Yes agreed. Of course he could haul he’s a brilliant player but even at his best there was often games when city scored 4 or 5 goals and he might just get an assist or something. Obviously that’s applicable to any player but I feel that situation is far more likely for him than Salah, Haaland, Son.

Overall I’ve always felt he’s almost always over priced in FPL although no question he’s a good asset and is a good captain shout for this week but he’s very risky due to his potential to not start or play much deeper etc.

Someone asked for an alternate captain, I fancy Darwin this week. Maybe not as much as I’d fancy KDB but overall I prefer captaining Darwin and rolling the transfer I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Thinking Son to Jota to use my free transfer. Pool should do well against Chelsea this week, at home after the Klopp news and they're simply better.

Fancy Jota against Arsenal. Jota 5 goals/1 assist v Arsenal playing for Liverpool. Burnley in 24 and doubles in 25. Minutes a potential risk though.

Captaincy currently on Foden.

Yeah, agree. KDB is always capable of the spectacular, but at 10.6 and questions over both his mins and capability for explosive returns, I’ll just have to take the risk of looking silly if he does indeed go wild.

Debating selling Salah now even though he more than likely will be back for Burnley. Then has a good DGW.

But then he has 2 blanks and Man City in his next 4.

Would be selling him for Doku and starting Doku.

Currently trying to choose between starting Palmer or Branthwaite. Selling Salah would remove this decision

Is that Liverpool DGW confirmed for GW25? It would be pretty unfair for Liverpool to have a midweek game before the LC final, and Chelsea to not have one.

I believe it’s pretty much the only place it can go because LFC are still in every comp.

That’s according to Ben Crellin anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Keeping Salah is a massive risk IMO. Huge chunk of your budget sitting on the bench missing for at least 2 GW's and possibility he won't make it for Burnley in 11 days time - we'll want 90 mins and him back to form for that. I can't see it myself given he's had to pull out of the national team in a major tournament with a hamstring injury that are difficult to heal quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would like to bank but...

Looking at Saka to Jota also...there is an argument to give Saka one last chance against Forest I guess but his returns have been dire now for a while 🤔

Would have to move Chelsea-Spurs to the midweek, and have those teams have a DGW too, for integrity purposes then IMO. But Spurs & Chelsea are not in European competitions and Spurs are out of the cup so there is no pressure to move that game to that midweek, other than for integrity reasons. IIRC in 2022 when Liverpool & Chelsea played in the LC Final, both teams had a rearranged COVID game moved to the midweek before the final.

But yeah, there are limited options for the game to be moved to. TGW??!!

I agree with some of that. From what Klopp said I fully expect Salah to be available for the Burnley game.

I’ve had lots of money in the bank for weeks now and can’t find a way to spend it.

That said I wanted Doku more than I wanted to keep Salah so I made that transfer. Hopefully it will be clearer who I’ll sell for Salah in 2 weeks. It’ll be between Saka, Gordon and Foden and most likely the latter.

I don’t think there’s much consideration given to integrity so I’d expect the Chelsea game to be rearranged for later in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Well lads. I'm not going to go for KDB.

I'm more tempted to go for Foden. Will he start do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'd like to roll my transfer this week, but my defense is very depleted - TAA, Porro, Gabriel*, Gusto*, Taylor (*=all yellow flagged!). Do I risk it, and hope one of those injured three play?

The only transfer that tempts me is Gabriel to Estupinan. But can Brighton be trusted, and is it mad to get rid of Gabriel.

Having 2FTs next week, with Salah and Haaland returning soon at some stage, could be useful.

Can never be 100% in a midweek game with the options that they have, but he hasn’t been rotated nearly as much this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Haaland will be in the squad tomorrow. I've him in since a few days ago when had to catch a few price drops / rises so went with it on a -4. I'm going to start Haaland. He could do damage in 20 mins vs a Burnley team in garbage time.

• Advertisement

I think there is a fairly reasonable chance he starts tomorrow. He’s been in some form of training for quite a while. There’s also a quite reasonable chance he doesn’t though, so risky to bring him in and captain him. Maybe bringing him in but captaining someone else is the safe beige play.

Advertisement