Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange response from friends to my cheap home rental

Options
  • 28-01-2024 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I rented a 3 bed renovated house for 1400 euro near Phibsboro. The landlord gave me a good price as he wants me to mind it and me to only rent to one other person.

My friends were scathing when I showed it and said someone must have been murdered in it for it to be so cheap. Then they said wanted to rent a back bedroom that I had moved into and for me to pick another room. Then they said wanted no carpet on the stairs despite the potential noise.

It's Dublins cheapest house and newly renovated so why are my friends finding fault with it?

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You have weird friends? who knows. Why does it matter, you got a steal. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭shawki

Friends sounds like a pain in the hole, Don’t understand why they dictating rooms to you unless if you’ve already let someone move in I’d be looking to get rid of him asap.

Can’t tell if you mean one or two people moved in because you said you only are allowed one person but then you keep using “They”.

Either way the fact that there’s hassle already, I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to push you out the house down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Doesn’t sound like your friends will keep the place looking nice for long if they’re planning on ripping up the carpet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Lads, check out the OP's post history and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cars14

Not everyone is reasonable to live with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

They sound like oddballs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is no point to this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement