Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords - Best Areas

Options
  • 28-01-2024 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I'm looking to buy a house in Swords and would love some feedback on what the best / worst areas are. I'm not from swords but currently living in Boroimhe which I feel has gone down hill lately with anti social behavior.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Best is very subjective! A lot will depend on what side of swords you want to be on and if you want to be within walking distance of amenities. Knocksedan is a beautiful estate, but is isolated and you will need to drive everywhere. Highfields is lovely too but much closer to the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I would have said Boroimhe was one of the nicer areas. Across the road in Holywell its a soulless place.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭dk1982

River Vally and Ridgewood you cant go wrong. Would have thought Borimhe good too. Suprised about the anti social behaviour there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Well, since you're already living in Swords, why don't you explore the area yourself? Get on a bike/walk/bus around at different times of the week/day and you'll get a very good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Have a sister living in Holywell and its lovely.

Depends what you are looking for - public transport improves if you are closer to the town centre & on the southern/eastern tips of Swords. The northwest has the most newer homes.

There is a lot of older, jaded but good value homes that need facelifts in the town centre but they are far closer to local services.

If you want access to schools, the town centre and North of the valley is better than Rivervalley/Borimhe/Ridgewood which has very large populations of families with kids in huge estates. In contrast, the Colmcilles schools are struggling to hold onto teachers as the central demographic ages.

Areas like Applewood and Borimhe have parking controls but other estates generally don't. A factor if you are more attached to driving.

Don't forget estates like Lissenhall & Carlton Court which might seem remote on a map but are actually a lot closer to amenities & newer than the older homes around the town centre.

If you want apartments there are a few small, enclosed developments around the town centre that are very nice to live in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement