Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Online Shop

Options
  • 26-01-2024 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

If ever there was a website not fit for purpose, this is it.

I am due an upgrade, and so thought it would be a good idea to pre-order the Galaxy S24 Plus with Vodafone.

I chose the phone, selected the contract, and attempted to add to the basket. A short while later, an error showed onscreen, saying that there was an error and to contact support for help. I made contact via chat, and was advised to try again, after clearing cache and cookies. Still the same. I was advised to try another browser. I tried 2 other browsers, and still the same. I was asked if I would try via the MyVodafone app. Still the same.

The chat support suggested I wait 24 hours, and then try again. I did. Cleared cache and cookies. Still the same. They then advised me to take a screenshot and detail what I wanted to do. I was assured that the matter would be resolved within 3 working days. Within a short period of time, I got a response, letting me know that they were going to deal with my request for a Transfer of Ownership, but this would take 7 working days to complete.

I emailed them back, and told them I wanted an upgrade, not a TOO. No response.

I contacted the chat support again, explained the issue, and they sent me on the clear cache and cookies roundabout. No joy. They passed me on to the "upgrade support chat team". I was advised by them that they couldnt help, and without any warning, they simply passed me to another chat support agent, who immediately suggested I clear cache, cookies, etc etc etc. When I refused, they said that they could not help any further, and suggested I contact phone support.

I phoned 1907 and eventually got through to a live human. They attempted to replicate the issues I was having with upgrading, and sure enough, they managed to replicate it. After a little more investigation, the root cause was found: They were out of stock.

Vodafone: what an absolute joke. It took a whole week for me to find out that the issue was that there were no phones available. The website should have shown that. Why suggest you contact support when the support doesnt work?

Sites like this should be held to account, and forced to provide a fit for purpose service.

Comments

Advertisement