Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Vodafone and Tesco still SIM lock their PAYG phones?

Options
  • 17-02-2024 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I know networks uses to network lock their handsets years ago.

I've been buying SIM free phones for years now but I see some good deals with cheap phones from Vodafone and Tesco that I'm thinking of getting my parents.

Are they likely to be SIM locked to the network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Most Android phones aren’t locked anymore. If you share model someone can confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I think I'm probably going to go with the TCL 40R 5G as it's a good price but I also think I'm going to switch the parents to Clear Mobile, so hopefully shouldn't be an issue if it was locked anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭rhinosaurious

Tesco Mobile do, vodafone dont

Thanks, Rhinosaurious (great name btw!) That's really useful to know, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FPaA

Hi, do you know if that TCL 40R 5G in vodafone store is dual or single sim?

Regards,

• Advertisement

Hello,

I'm sorry I don't as I haven't seen it in person yet. I'll update when I find out.

Advertisement