Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability Arrears Waiting Time?

Options
  • 26-01-2024 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

My daughter was awarded Disability Allowance last week. She will be due arrears. Does anyone know how long that takes? Weeks or months and does it just arrive in her bank account or will a letter come first etc? Sorry, I am very new to all this.

Many Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi, I believe it can take up to 4 weeks, she may have been awarded other allowances & if she was in receipt of another payment during the application process, they'll need to assess what arrears are owing.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

It took 12 weeks when I waa first awarded it, I dont know how long it takes now but if you lose your job it can take up to 12 weeks to get your full DA reinstated and get arrears

Advertisement