Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ribs in Galway?

Options
  • 24-01-2024 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know where has best breakfast, chips, burger in Galway (city or county) bit where has the best ribs?

Cheers,

Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Galway could really use a bbq place. I remember going to a bbq place in Cork 10 years ago thinking that and nobody has stepped up. Doesn't have to be American style by any means. Just more meat cooked over a fire in general.

I can't help but think anytime I have ribs around here, like Oslo has a special a ways back, that they're Sysco pre-packaged in plastic like the ones you can buy at the supermarket. They'll fall off the bone but never any smoke or char.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

He got some recommendations over on r/Galway so he'll survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

hey Pa,

What are your three spots you mention of above.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Been ages since I have had them but I remember Scotty's and Sheridan's being great. More recently, I tried Chef'd in Kinvara that was lovely.

Weren't O'Reilly's in Salthill going to do that? I seem to recall a story in the Tribune about them get one of those giant smokers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Yes they were! I was super excited when I read but in the end they just went for pub standards. I think they might do bbq as part of the catering business they ran before the taking back the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rustyfrog

They did BBQ catering for an event I was at last Summer - they looked the part but food was very bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Best breakfast- The Dean, i't's real top quality and good portion. Not greasy. From a post of mine-

Had "The Works" in Sophie's at The Dean.

The Good: lovely tasty feed & good portion size. 2 eggs, black & white pudding (not hard/slightly overcook which is v common), 2 v long sausages, 2 v nice streaky bacon, cubes potatoes with v small bit of fried onion. 2 slices of toast. Best breakfast I've had probably out of the places I've tried, all extremely tasty & good portions.

The bad: €14.95 and no tea/coffee included, €17.95 with tea.

Would I go back? Yes but only rarely due to the price.

Outside of town, Gather in Tuam.

Best burger- Handsome Burger. Love it.

Best chips- Roots

Best pizza- Napolis

Best battered fish- fish gougons in Oslo.

That's a shame! Galway could definitely use a good BBQ place...along with a decent Mexican restaurant (runs for cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rustyfrog

I've never seen fish goujons in Oslo, was that recently? Would 100% give that a try, the food has gone downhill there over the past couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

It's on the kids menu. I was there with my daughter & her friend and we ordered 3 portions.

I prefer fish gougons over battered fish...

Advertisement