Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of wedding DJ for full night

Options
  • 24-01-2024 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

We were thinking of just having a DJ and no band as we are having a small wedding. Got quoted 950, does that seem expensive, presume he would play from around 9 to 1:30 or so depending when the bar closes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

Can't tell you from experience, but that does seem pretty steep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I've a mate who DJs at the odd wedding, he told me he gets about 500 for the night.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Get silent disco instead, some craic

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Seems a little steep, but it depends how well know the DJ is,

The more of a following the higher the price and big following does not mean a better DJ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

Nah, not for a wedding. You want people to interact and talk, not be stuck with headphones on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Nope. First half our dj did a set and then silent disco. It meant he could play till 3 am. It was the highlight of our wedding and is what everyone enjoyed the most. It meant that the people sitting down could still chat without shouting over music

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That's the point of a silent disco. People who want to talk, can talk without being drowned out by the music. It wouldn't be for me, but can see the functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm getting married this year, so have an idea of current prices/packages.

A DJ as an Add-on to the band is around 300. (250-350 depending the bands I priced.) A separate DJ would be slightly more, probably 400-500. Our band is playing 3 hours, and the DJ is playing 4 hours to the main bar close.

A DJ to play an extra 3 hours for the full night would be another few hundred at least. 700-1000 would be the range I'd expect. Some DJ packages also cover reception music, diner interval entertainment, etc.

You estimate start time of 9pm is pretty late, and 1:30am is a pretty early finish. It that your actual run time? I'd assume they are pricing for longer for a typical "full night". Ask what the terms are. Start time, finish time etc. Most DJs will have tiered pricing based on length and inclusions.

Advertisement