Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Lusk or Rush??

Options
  • 24-01-2024 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I am looking to buy a house in Rush or Lusk. I like Lusk more but I feel it’s too quiet. Any opinions??

also my job is in the city centre.. how is the commute?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What do you mean by "too quiet"? What would you be looking for in a place to live?

There's a lot to be said for both towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

I live in Lusk, it is quite not much in it but its very near plenty other towns Rush, Skerries, Swords even Balbriggan. We love it here ruralish/urbanish mix is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Rush is so much nicer than Lusk. About 2km to the train though. Only about 1km from Lusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Rush and Lusk both have their pros and Cons. Both are around the same population and roughly the same proximity to the train station; Lusk is a little closer, though. It's also closer to the city and m1 etc. Rush has a few more pubs; it's beside the beach but probably a little more expensive.

I like Lusk personally, but that's just my opnion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

A lot of the new houses in Lusk seem to be fairly close to the train station, that is to say they aren't on the opposite side of town

Rush is a nice seaside town, but the traffic on the main road can be pretty horrendous. If you're cycling to the station then be aware the road from Rush towards Lusk is a rural road and great for getting mashed into pulp by a car on a dark morning

They're both quiet, but not dead and as others said there's plenty nearby

Another option might be Donabate? It's also on the train line but is a bit bigger and more built up

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
Advertisement