Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Regulations Caravan Parks

Options
  • 23-01-2024 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is there Fire Regulation Guidance fore caravan parks (permanent holiday park). Speaking with Fire Authority officer said there is but couldn't direct me to them.

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm not aware of any specific regs or guidance for that type of development but I'd be pretty sure there is. @Gumbo might have an idea.

Have to say it's a poor effort by the fire officer you spoke to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’d have to dig for some info but we are talking about single storey structures here.

Off the batt, I’d say not much.

Id be thinking along the lines of space separation, external fire spread, access for fire tenders, water supply.

Within the units maybe signage as it’s a place where people will be sleeping and unfamiliar with the surroundings.

TGDB may help here. Get the purpose group and take it from there. You may end up with BS5588, 9991 or similar guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Sounds like you are looking to make a sneaky complaint.

Registering just to ask such a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wonder if there are any regs for the caravans themselves? For example all the large static ones have two doors and I wonder if that is for fire safety?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gareth729

Spoke with an actual helpful fire officer who forwarded 'Recommendations for fire safety on caravan camping sites' exactly what was required.

• Advertisement

Do you mind posting what guides they pointed out to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gareth729

The fire officer sent the attached and fire safety in existing traveller accommodation on gove.ie website

Advertisement