Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to report unfair dismmal

Options
  • 22-01-2024 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

looking for somewhere i can report unfair dismissal

any services i can email my situation and see if i have a case ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

They are called solicitors and while you many get the first consultation for free you can expect to have to pay down the line....

And before you decide to describe your situation on social media remember others involved in the case may well be able to identify you by the contents of your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,682 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Workplace Relations - see info here: https://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/complaints_disputes/making_a_complaint/

Your nearest Citizen's Information office may have someone who can help you with this. There's a list under Find a Centre on this website: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

100 % id never mention the issues online , was just hoping there was an email of sort to a governing body to make a complaint before i go down the legal route

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ted222

You can make a complaint to the WRC itself without recourse to a solicitor. Even if you want assistance or representation, you’re not obliged to use a solicitor. You can engage an independent HR consultant or even a supportive friend.

Be aware that complaints of unfair dismissals differ from most other employment law complaints in that the burden of proof is with the complainant. Even if successful, you have to show that you sought to mitigate any financial losses you’re claiming by, for example, applying for other jobs.

While I'm not suggesting you don’t take it any further, the pursuit of claims of Unfair Dismissal can be a daunting task. Best of luck.

Advertisement