Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architect recommendations Kildare/ Meath/ Dublin

Options
  • 21-01-2024 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, would anyone have an recommendations on an affordable architect that does design and planning permission application for a self build in Dublin? The architect doesn't necessarily have to be in Dublin but would greatly appreciate any prior positive experiences that people had!

We have been quoted a very large number and we're not sure if this is the norm.

If anyone has any tips for planning as well, that would be great. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Recommendations by PM only. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

My advice is to use the council planning website to look up similar size/type jobs being done in your area recently. Particularly any you’ve seen and liked the look of. Then you can check who designed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

you need to indicate what numbers you have seen.

so 180m2 will be c 650k plus 78k or so in fees e.g. I am seeing 3,500 per sq m and then 10-15% fees

Even if a self build, fees will be a % of open market prices

Are talking visual design or structural as the latter will require an engineer

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement