Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Ian Bailey

Options
  • 21-01-2024 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

See he has died from a heart attack aged 66. Wonder what secrets, if any,he took with him. It must be horrible for the family of Sophie Tuscon du Plantier not knowing if he was actually involved or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Shoog

I would guess that he was innocent all along and the stress of it all led to an early grave. They really had no firm evidence on him and I feel that he would probably have confessed if it was him when he knew that the time was near.

Others may disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

He was a heavy drinker and smoker but the stress definitely didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

I always thought he was innocent despite the circumstantial evidence.

For some reason also I think the murderer was just some randomer, hence why it was impossible to solve.

Someone was trying to break into her house maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

If I were him I wouldn't have kept talking about it and posting stuff on social media. He was most likely innocent so I would in his position have just kept quite and try to rebuild my life .

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

We shouldn't even know his name only for that nutter Marie Farrell lied about seeing him that night .

I know he was a dose and a violent man to his ex partner but if he didn't do it man he must of had a tormented soul the last 30 years.

Gardai made a balls of it too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement