Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watertank

Options
  • 21-01-2024 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

everytime we flush our toilets or after we have used the shower there is a foghorn sound coming out of our water tank in the attick. It either stops once the tank is filled or if I take the lid off the water tank.

many ideas how to fix this please?

Post edited by Shield on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

replace stopcock, or is it called float valve...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shaunaMcT

Could it possibly be the ballcock either?

isnt that the same thing?

Sorry I thought you meant the valve when you said the cockstop

yeah, the floating thing in the tank that shuts the water at certain level. Not so bad yet , but will be looking for replacement for myself soon

• Advertisement

Hopefully it is something as simple as that and not too costly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator: When you have verified your account by clicking on the link we sent to your email, you can continue this discussion here in our Plumbing & Heating forum on this thread as normal.

Best of luck!

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Just simply turn down the fill valve / Stopcock until it quietens.

Theres no need to fill a water tank fast. or replace anything.

Advertisement